* Coney's grandmother Dorothy -- who has been pushing a herbivore lifestyle on her -- storms out of the Dewclaw house, upset that Coney will not eat vegetables. She's wondering what's the point of Coney's protective stage -- just as a predator shadow falls over her. Cue, in the very next comic, Coney [[http://www.kevinandkell.com/2008/kk0807.html grabbing the beast, eating it, and then waving to Dorothy while sitting on the pile of bones.]] And she's maybe ''three''.
* Kell gets one when her lion co-worker Frank Mangle tries to challenge their boss R.L. for control of Herd Thinners; she jumps in to keep them from killing each other. [[http://www.kevinandkell.com/2010/kk1010.html She ends up defeating both of them, making her the new CEO of Herd Thinners.]]
* Kell turns her feline rivals against each other by immediately resigning as CEO, thus causing them to battle it out for the right to succeed her.
* During the "Blind Stalk" event, Rudy gets splashed with prey pheromones, and not only manages to avoid being eaten by mistake, but catches the deer in the process.
* Wendell is the new Easter Bunny but his boar classmate [[ItMakesSenseInContext (for reasons)]] is believed to be the one behind it. As the strip moves into the 2016 Easter arc, the boar sneeringly mocks the position. Wendell manages to slip a hard-boiled egg onto his seat while they were talking without even the audience seeing what he was doing.
* Dorothy is mentioned to [[YouGoGirl have been the first female Easter Bunny as a teen]]. Due to the StayInTheKitchen attitude of the times, she had to be twice as good as everyone else; she does this by hiding the car keys of every other applicant so thoroughly they have to miss the tryouts.
* Carl performs a diving save when Francis is threatened by a bird of prey.
** Then the awesome heroism goes to Leona. Carl's diving save resulted in him crashing through a bridge, [[TapOnTheHead suffering a concussion]], and drowning in the creek it was over. Llisa lifted him out, then Leona gave him [[KissOfLife mouth-to-mouth]].
* Rudy figures out Carl's glasses prescription through how his plowing veers. He had no other information but managed to get exactly what Carl needed with no input from the rhino.
* Leona shows us how handy she is with a fire hose when Carl chokes at the restaurant she's working at, [[RescueRomance saving his life for the second time]].
-->'''Rudy:''' Carl! Say something!\\
'''Carl:''' Give her a decent tip.