Works with their own Awesome pages:
[[caption-width-right:350: The ''[[AwesomeMomentOfCrowning literal]]'' CrowningMomentOfAwesome]]
* One that's more for the [[SugarWiki/VisualEffectsOfAwesome special effects crew]] than the characters: Grant gazes out of the jeep idly, until disbelief creeps over his face. Astounded, he [[TheGlassesComeOff whips off his sunglasses]], stands up to get a better look, then grabs Dr. Sattler to get her to look and she does the same. Right there, in broad daylight, is a completely convincing ''Brachiosaur''.
-->'''Dr. Grant:''' Um ... it's ... ''it's a dinosaur.''\\
'''Hammond:''' Dr. Grant, my dear Dr. Sattler ... welcome to Jurassic Park.
** Then, of course, you have the crescendo of music throughout the scene.
** For the full awesome effect, try [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJlmYh27MHg this link.]]
** For many people, Dr. Malcolm's reaction perfectly summed up people's opinion of Spielberg at that moment:
--->'''Dr. Malcolm:''' You did it... You crazy son of a bitch, you did it.
** Even [[TheFriendNobodyLikes Gennaro]] is blown away.
--->'''Gennaro:''' ''[breathless]'' We're going to make a ''fortune'' with this place...
* Oddly enough, the real [[SugarWiki/MomentOfAwesome Crowning Moment of Awesome]] in ''Jurassic Park'' is the [[DeusExMachina Deus Rex Machina]], when [[VillainousRescue she kills the two]] ''Velociraptors'' [[http://youtu.be/gTWo9oLJOWk?t=2m3s that had Grant and the others cornered]], then gives a final triumphant roar as a banner saying "When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth" floats down in front of her. ''Awesome.'' May also qualify as a BigDamnHeroes moment, though the ''T. rex'' more or less serves as the main antagonist throughout the movie before this.
** The "When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth" banner fluttering in front of the ''T. rex'' could be seen as either a crown being bestowed upon her or [[WebVideo/TheNostalgiaCritic a mic drop]].
** A deleted scene from the first movie plays this out differently, but no less awesome: The ''Velociraptors'' have cornered Grant and the kids, the one in front of them's about to spring ... suddenly, a gunshot rings out and the raptor falls to the ground. Grant and Co. turn to see who the mystery shooter is. It's [[spoiler: Hammond]]. Yes, you read that right. [[spoiler: ''Hammond'']] takes down a ''Velociraptor''. It would also have doubled as extreme CharacterDevelopment for [[spoiler:Hammond]], seeing as he had spent most of the film [[spoiler:refusing to let ''any'' of the animals be killed, even when they're dangerous]].
* "[[FacingTheBulletsOneLiner Clever girl.]]"
** Muldoon is walking awesome. "Shoot her! ''SHOOT HER!''"
** Note that Muldoon was ''far'' more awesome in the book. He takes down multiple raptors by wielding a rocket launcher and drops the adult ''T. rex'' with a direct hit to the head with a rocket-launched tranquilizer.
* Say what you will about Ian and chaos theory but he managed to survive two ''T. rexes'' in two films.
** Three, technically. One in the first, two in the second. And the infant, which admittedly was never a big threat to him on its own.
* ''Jurassic Park'' shattered box office records when it came out in 1993, but still fell just short of becoming the first film to gross a billion dollars (that honor fell to ''Titanic'' four years later). However, thanks to the 20th anniversary 3D re-release in 2013, ''Jurassic Park'' finally made enough to enter the prestigious billion-dollar club.
* Before or after, few have managed to even come ''close'' to the sheer, unadulterated '''''win''''' that is the ''Tyrannosaurus rex'' making her first appearance accompanied with her [[MostWonderfulSound since-customary roar:]] Almost like she's saying, "Yeah I'm a mf'ing T Rex, [[ThisIsForEmphasisBitch bitch.]]"
* A bit of a minor scene, but when Grant and the others are escaping through the ceiling one of the raptors pokes her head in trying to get them. Grant's response? To KICK HER IN THE FACE.
* Dr. Grant schooling the kid that calls a raptor a "six foot turkey".
-->'''Grant:''' A turkey? Imagine yourself in the Cretaceous period. You'd get your first look at this. He moves like a bird, lightly bobbing his head. And you keep still, because maybe his visual acuity is based on movement, like the ''T. rex'', and he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not ''Velociraptor''. You stare at him, and he just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the ''side'', from the other two raptors you didn't even know were there. Because ''Velociraptor'''s a pack hunter. He uses coordinated attack patterns, and he is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this... ''[pulls out a claw]'' a 6-inch retractable claw, like a razor, on the middle toe. He doesn't bother to bite your jugular like a lion. No. He slashes at you ... here, or here ... or maybe across the belly, spilling your intestines. The point is, you are alive when they start to eat you. So, you know, try to show a little respect. ''[kid nervously nods]''
* TheReveal that [[spoiler:the dinosaurs found a way to breed despite being engineered all-female[[note]]They were made with the DNA of certain frogs that change gender when in a single-sex environment[[/note]].]] "Life found a way" indeed.
* Dr. Grant tackling and wrestling with a ''Cearadactylus'' that grabbed Lex.
* Tim and Lex tricking a ''Velociraptor'' into walking into a freezer and then locking her inside.
* Muldoon shows how the ''movie'' Muldoon should have handled the raptors: with a freaking ''rocket-propelled grenade launcher''. He even tranquilizes the ''T. rex'', and she possibly drowns in the river (only one ''T. rex'' shows up in the count at the novel's end, but the ''T. rex'' may be in a non-monitored area).
* Gennaro is nothing like the cowardly prick in the movie, as he accompanies several of the characters on dangerous treks, and at one point, heaves a full-grown ''Velociraptor'' off his back.
** When [[spoiler: the main power goes out and the raptors start running amuck]], Gennaro volunteers to [[spoiler: restart the generator himself after Arnold apparently fails]]. He does this on his own, without being asked, aware that the last man who tried was probably eaten alive, and with no plan of escape after he succeeds. Not bad for a legal consultant.
** Worth noting that when Muldoon finds the explosive rounds for his rocket launcher and heads off to hunt the raptors, it's ''Gennaro'' he chooses as his ammo carrier. He acquits himself pretty well, too.
---> ''Having found the raptor pack, Muldoon blows one into hamburger with his first shot. The rest turn around, snarling.''
---> '''Gennaro''': [[CasualDangerDialogue I think you got their attention.]]
---> '''Muldoon''': ''[[NervesOfSteel Load.]]''
* Near the climax of the first book, Dr. Grant is being chased through the incubation room by ''Velociraptors''. In a sudden burst of inspiration, he remembers that the creatures were theorized to feed on eggs from other dinosaurs' nests in addition to live prey. Using this knowledge to his advantage, he injects several eggs with the lethal contents of a nearby syringe and rolls them toward the ''Velociraptors'', which take the bait and die almost instantaneously.
** One of them doesn't fall for it and goes for Grant. He ''wrestles briefly'' with her while injecting her directly.
* Lex restarting the computer in the film was a nice moment, but she knew the system. In the book? The Jurassic Park [=OS=] is completely custom designed and has an incredibly unhelpful interface. Nevertheless, with nothing but his computer instincts to guide him, Tim makes his way through it and restarts the power, saving the lives of everyone on the island.
** Followed immediately by Gennaro getting the ship to turn around, preventing three ''Velociraptors'' from reaching the mainland, by invoking the Uniform Maritime Act on the captain.
--> "Try this for identification, Captain Farrell," Gennaro said. "If you don't turn that boat around and return to this island immediately, you will be found in violation of Section 509 of the Uniform Maritime Act, you will be subject to revocation of license, penalties in excess of fifty thousand dollars, and five years in jail. Do you hear that?"
--> Grant said, "What's the Uniform Maritime Act?"
--> "[[BavarianFireDrill Who the hell knows?]]" Gennaro said.
* In ''The Lost World'', Sarah Harding is a walking badass. She surives being pushed overboard by Dodgson, swimming through extremely dangerous waters, chases after and snipes a ''Velociraptor'' on a motorcycle (which is being driven by a kid with no experience in driving a motorcycle), and overpowers Dodgson and offers him up to the ''Tyrannosaurus''.
* Doc Thorne and Levine riding a motorcycle to safety while being pursued by a ''T. rex''.
* Levine shooting a ''Velociraptor'' point-blank in the mouth with a rifle.
* Eddie buying his friends time to climb up to safety, by fighting off a pack of raptors with a steel bar. [[spoiler:He gets caught and killed.]]
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTSwASZ6Iss&feature=related This]] Gatorade commercial, released in 2000, featuring the ''Velociraptors'' from the film taking on Vince Carter of the Toronto Raptors . . . in a basketball game.