* Takumi overtakes Keisuke during a slow turn in Mount Akina, by going to the inside when Keisuke braked into the turn. Keisuke thinks Takumi will crash, considering he was going too fast into a right-left combo turn. He is proven right seconds later when the [=AE86=] slides on the right turn. Cue Takumi ''pulling off a kansei (inertial) drift into the left turn, using the countersteer from the first right turn''. Keisuke is left wide-eyed, utterly dumbstruck.
* Episode 4 gives us the series first real big moment when the build up comes to a head, capped off with the SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCiDuy4mrWU Running In The 90s.]] Takumi is currently racing against Red Suns member Keisuke, clearly the underdog in the race. The members of the Akina Speed Stars [[MyFriendsAndZoidberg and Itsuki]] are discussing exactly what kind of chance Takumi has. Iketani says they should trust [[TricksterMentor Bunta,]] Takumi's father, in that if the old man believes in Takumi, so should they. Nobody else really believes that's enough. ''Then'' Iketani drops the bomb on them that Takumi has ''already'' beaten Keisuke before. [[SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic Cue the music,]] [[BigWhat cue disbelief Takumi has these skills,]] [[ButWaitTheresMore and]] [[SugarWiki/MomentOfAwesome cue Takumi finally catching Keisuke, and putting on the pressure for the first time all race.]] Hell. Yes.
* Takumi's victory in 4th stage against a professional. Specifically [[spoiler:the part where Takumi turns off his headlights]].
* Takumi delivers this line to Natsuki in 2nd Stage (after he saw her with an older man).
--->'''Takumi:''' Good luck with your buddy in the Mercedes, now leave me the hell alone!
* Bunta beating Takumi in an impromptu downhill race... When ''test driving'' a [=GC8=] Impreza.
** Of note: Takumi's reaction when he uses the gutter drop technique.... Only for the mysterious Impreza (he at that point didn't know Bunta was behind the wheel of the Impreza) to do the same. Bonus points for having one of those rare moments where Takumi swears.
-->'''Takumi''': [[ThisCannotBe No]] [[PrecisionFStrike fucking]] way!
* Takumi's race against Toshiya "God Arm" Joushima in Fourth Stage. After Joushima has spent the entire race (seven rounds of the downhill) psyching out Takumi by taking different lines while still pushing him to his limits, Takumi turns it around on him thanks to a bit of advice from Ryousuke. Takumi pulls out both of his signature moves, using the gutter drop technique to keep up, followed by turning off his headlights to overtake. This psyches out Joushima so much that he puts both hands on the wheel for the first time in the whole race [[note]]Joushima's one-handed driving is a sign of his complete confidence in his victory, and a driver who's confidence has been shaken will instinctively grab the wheel with both hands[[/note]], shattering the utter confidence he's had the entire race and completely turning the tables on him.
* The series' Eurobeat track really deserves to be in AwesomeMusic.