* Takumi overtakes Keisuke during a slow turn in Mount Akina, by going to the inside when Keisuke braked into the turn. Keisuke thinks Takumi will crash, considering he was going too fast into a right-left combo turn. He is proven right seconds later when the [=AE86=] slides on the right turn. Cue Takumi ''pulling off a kansei (inertial) drift into the left turn, using the countersteer from the first right turn''. Keisuke is left wide-eyed, utterly dumbstruck.
* Episode 4 gives us the series first real big moment when the build up comes to a head, capped off with the SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCiDuy4mrWU Running In The 90s.]] Takumi is currently racing against Red Suns member Keisuke, clearly the underdog in the race. The members of the Akina Speed Stars [[MyFriendsAndZoidberg and Itsuki]] are discussing exactly what kind of chance Takumi has. Iketani says they should trust [[TricksterMentor Bunta,]] Takumi's father, in that if the old man believes in Takumi, so should they. Nobody else really believes that's enough. ''Then'' Iketani drops the bomb on them that Takumi has ''already'' beaten Keisuke before. [[SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic Cue the music,]] [[BigWhat cue disbelief Takumi has these skills,]] [[ButWaitTheresMore and]] [[SugarWiki/MomentOfAwesome cue Takumi finally catching Keisuke, and putting on the pressure for the first time all race.]] Hell. Yes.
* Takumi being made to delivery tofu, rain or dry, pays off when he races Kenta in the rain. Kenta is the rain specialist for the [=RedSuns=]. [[TheWorfEffect Takumi outruns Kenta so hard that Kenta just outright gives up.]]
* After Takumi's victorious race against Keisuke, Takumi takes Iketani for a ride in the Trueno, as Iketani wants to see how Takumi races. Takumi's [[ButForMeItWasTuesday usual driving]] causes Iketani to freak the hell out after turn one and outright ''faint'' after the third turn!
** And then Takumi takes Iketani's S13 for a spin: Iketani stays conscious, but he realizes that he is nowhere near Takumi's level.
* In a ''schadenfreude'' kind of way, Shingo crashing his [=EG6=] when he tried to ''ram Takumi off the mountain pass and kill him'' and failed. Given that he's never depicted racing again afterwards and he's shown to be softer in ''Extra Stage'', one can assume that it's the last time he ever tries to race dirty against someone.
* Takumi's victory in 4th stage against a professional. Specifically [[spoiler:the part where Takumi turns off his headlights]].
** In the previous race, Takumi beats a [[BadassDriver Toudou School student]] by [[spoiler:keeping the lead in the first run while not using his top 2000 rpm, on a course he's only practiced for a day, then surprising his opponent in the second run with the additional power.]]
* Takumi delivers this line to Natsuki in 2nd Stage (after he saw her with an older man).
--->'''Takumi:''' Good luck with your buddy in the Mercedes, now leave me the hell alone!
* In Third Stage, Takumi chases [[spoiler: Natsuki's [[PsychoExGirlfriend Psycho Ex-Boyfriend]] ]] up Mount Akina. He's in a 4WD Celica Turbo, Takumi's in his RWD 86, and it's snowing heavily, so naturally Takumi sticks to the guy's bumper like glue until his sheer driving technique scares [[spoiler:Natsuki's ex]] into spinning out before pretty much passing out at the wheel. Since we watch the entire thing from the latter's point of view, also doubles as a [[MookHorrorShow Mook Horror Show]].
* Bunta beating Takumi in an impromptu downhill race... When ''test driving'' a [=GC8=] Impreza.
** Of note: Takumi's reaction when he uses the gutter drop technique.... Only for the mysterious Impreza (he at that point didn't know Bunta was behind the wheel of the Impreza) to do the same. Bonus points for having one of those rare moments where Takumi swears.
-->'''Takumi''': [[ThisCannotBe No]] [[PrecisionFStrike fucking]] way!
* In Episode 17 of Fourth Stage, Takumi faces off against the Tsuchisaka Lan Evo downhiller, who threatens to call thugs to beat up the rest of D if Takumi doesn't throw the race. Takumi spends about half the race behind him before figuring out that the guy's braking technique is trash, and manages to pass him partly thanks to the oil slick his team used to sabotage D. Takumi's opponent and Kenta both suppose that Takumi will have a hard time maintaining the lead in the high-speed section of the course. Cue Ryosuke correcting them. Cue Awesome Music. Cue slow motion as Takumi demonstrates his demonic braking technique, utterly destroying the Lan Evo in two corners.
* Keisuke's race against Kozo "God Foot" Hoshino in Fourth Stage. After Kozo passing Keisuke on pylon at second round of the battle into downhill battle. Both of them start to drifting together. Which is impossible for GT-R to do so because of ATTESA ET-S system that denied any oversteer and understeer. And after both Keisuke and Kozo went drifting at many several corners causing Hoshino's GT-R to losing traction of his front tire and the car went understeer even more because the tires are more suffering. Near the goal line Hoshino drifts too far because of his tires, allowing Keisuke to attempt to pass him on the outside. Although Hoshino's weaker tyres made him bump Keisuke slightly, the FD pulled out in front and finished the second round and completely turning his table at second round.
* Takumi's race against Toshiya "God Arm" Joushima in Fourth Stage. After Joushima has spent the entire race (seven rounds of the downhill) psyching out Takumi by taking different lines while still pushing him to his limits, Takumi turns it around on him thanks to a bit of advice from Ryousuke. Takumi pulls out both of his signature moves, using the gutter drop technique to keep up, followed by turning off his headlights to overtake. This psyches out Joushima so much that he puts both hands on the wheel for the first time in the whole race [[note]]Joushima's one-handed driving is a sign of his complete confidence in his victory, and a driver who's confidence has been shaken will instinctively grab the wheel with both hands[[/note]], shattering the utter confidence he's had the entire race and completely turning the tables on him.
* In Episode 8 of Fifth Stage, Keisuke passes Ikeda during a thick fog on Hakone, which forces both of them to drive blind. Keisuke, using his own training, fighting spirit, and a call from Kenta (he does not pick the phone up but this affirms him that the oncoming lane is empty), defeats Ikeda and his Zero Theory when he hesitates in the face of imminent danger (i.e oncoming traffic), at the same time exposing the weakness of the Zero Theory (it works less well in dangerous environments like street racing).
* The race between Shinigami (Hojo Rin) and Ryosuke Takahashi has several:
** Shinigami first rams Ryosuke from behind to wake him up, because the former thinks the latter is spacing up and/or "acting half asleep". Ryosuke successfully recovers without much of an effort, showing the audience just how good he is.
** Later on, Shinigami attempts to ram Ryosuke ''again''. ''This time'', however, Ryosuke sees the attack coming, and accelerates just before impact, causing Shinigami to miss. Shinigami is stunned by this, while Ikeda finally learns who really is driving that white FC.
** Ikeda then further notes that even ''locals of Hakone'' are not brave enough to take downhill at full throttle, noting how dangerous Hakone is. ''Yet Ryosuke, despite not even hailing from Hakone, does this anyway''.
** Shinigami [[RunningGag rams Ryosuke again]], side-pressing him into the shoulder of a right-hand turn. Ryosuke, in what is noted to be a split-second decision (or, alternatively, one that requires full-on superhuman reflexes) aims his FC to ride the shoulder slope like a bank in a corner. Shinigami's only reaction is a BigWhat.
** [[OverlyLongGag Again when Shinigami attempts ramming Ryosuke]], only this time there's no shoulder slope, only a guardrail. Ryosuke however, ''anticipated this'' and enters the corner at high speed, which slows down his exit speed but saves his life when he is going just fast enough to barely graze the guardrail before returning to the road. At this point, Shinigami can't say anything.
* In finale episodes of Fifth Stage, Keisuke pulled away from Go Hojo by disappearing at every corner with a similar technique to Fujiwara Zone after he save the tires from first round into full throttle mode. Because of that, Go attempts to follow, causing his tires to wear out rapidly and causes a spin-out when he goes overboard. Which settles Keisuke's victory over Kanto's fastest hillclimb driver.
* The series' Eurobeat track really deserves to be in AwesomeMusic.
* In the series' final battle, Takumi uses his signature "Blind Attack" to take the lead during the final stretch. With the finish line in sight, Takumi turns his lights back on, and sees [[spoiler: that he's pushed his engine to over 12,000 rpms, way past its maximum of 11,000.]] He only has enough time to register this before [[spoiler: his engine blows like it did against Kyouichi. Only this time he keeps a cool head, spins the car around, depresses the clutch, and lets his momentum carry him backwards to a victory.]]