* The original Highlander movie more or less codified the Crowning Moment of Awesome with the Quickening (No, not the awful movie). What could we do to make a swordfight more awesome? Oh, how about when one of the guys takes the other guy's head, EVERYTHING EXPLODES!
* The church scene in the original film. Never before has two men sitting down and talking been more badass.
** Connor letting the Kurgan know that any fear he may have felt is long gone: "You can't stay in here forever."
* Conner defeating the Kurgan.
* The duel between Ramirez and the Kurgan. When SeanConnery is demolishing brick walls due to the impact of his sword, you know that Awesome is occuring.
* The gun nut who stumbles upon the end of a duel and opens fire on the Kurgan. No, it didn't work, but he still did better than just about anyone else who went up against the Kurgan.
* Say what you want about Endgame, but [[spoiler: The quickening Duncan gets from killing Jacob Kells is awesome]]
** As with "Highlander 2", say what you will about the film, but goddamn, MichaelIronside was just so awesome as the [[EvilIsHammy over the top evil]] Katana, you can tell even with what he had to work with, he was having a ball.
[[folder:The Search for Vengeance]]
* We get a crowner for one of the few times a mortal scores a kill on an immortal, by [[spoiler:[[YourHeadAsplode shoving a live grenade]] [[HeroicSacrifice in their mouth.]]]]