* The fact that the colored dancers were willing to march against the discrimination they were facing, KNOWING it would get them arrested. Also, the fact that Tracy was willing to give up her spot as a dancer just to support what she felt was right.
* It may have been a stupid thing to do, but Tracy gets one when she hits the policeman with her sign. This shows that [[BewareTheNiceOnes Tracy isn't someone you should push around.]]
* All the heroes get one in the finale:
** Tracy giving Amber a musical beatdown.
** Link inviting Inez onstage and dancing with her.
*** More about Inez -- It's amazing when she's dancing by herself. While it may not seem like much, take it into consideration that Inez is only about 12 or 13, and yet she manages to hold her own against dancers who're easily three to six years older than she is--and she manages to actually win the title of "Miss Teenage Hairspray."
** Edna getting onstage and performing. The fact that she was insecure at first and afraid of leaving her house because of her weight and she was willing to dance on national TV with ''millions of viewers watching'' -- now that was AWESOME.
** The black dancers finally mixing with the whites at the end.
** In the stage show, even the Von Tussles [[HeelFaceTurn get in on the act]].
*** And in the 2007 film, Amber moves on, showing interest in one of the black dancers (the two can be seen flirting and teaching each other dance moves in the background at one point) and telling Velma "I lost, Mom! Let's just deal with it!" after Tracy wins. In the theatrical version, she finally just looks at her mom and shrugs comically before joining in the dance, while in a deleted scene, [[spoiler: she joins after letting her mom go to jail.]]
** [[spoiler:Tracy and Link's kiss at the end of the 2007 film]].
* Hell, the fact that Tracy, Maybelle, and her dancers staged such an elaborate coup in the first place (with some help from Corny Collins, no less).
* Corny Collins gets some props for being ready to swoop in and give everything Maybele and Tracy had done the final push to get his show permanently integrated. Knowing Little Miss Inez Stubb's name and knowing the tiny rule that let her win shows his been waiting for a moment like this.
** Him shutting Velma down and leading Maybelle onto stage counts too.
* In the 2007 film, Edna gets her revenge on Velma when Velma admits to Amber [[spoiler: that she rigged the votes. Edna, Wilbur, and the camera man turn the camera on her and she tells Velma that she is on national TV, [[LaserGuidedKarma causing her to get fired.]]]]