* By the end of the movie, Phil apparently goes to catch the one boy who falls out of the tree every single day.
** Even though, as he notes, the [[UngratefulBastard ungrateful little brat]] has ''never'' once thanked him!
--> "I'll see you tomorrow! ...Maybe!"
* And then there's the choking victim he rescues! But not just any choking victim at a restaurant: it's the ''mayor.'' Without Phil, there's a good chance the mayor could have died, and Phil just swooped in and saved the day like it ain't no thing. Just to top it off, right after saving the guy, he turns around and lights a woman's cigarette for her the moment she places it in her mouth. Phil the ClockKing in his finest.
* Every skill Phil masters over time. Ice sculpting? Eventually makes an angel. Piano playing? Can do an ''awesome'' blues solo by the end. Hell, in a deleted scene, he's effortlessly dominating the pool table.
* Phil's last newscast on the last day of the loop, after he sadly fails to save the old homeless man. Every other newscaster is enraptured as he embraces the groundhog's proclamation of a long winter;
--> "When Chekhov saw the long winter, he saw a winter bleak and dark, and bereft of hope. Yet we know that winter is just another step in the cycle of life. But standing here, among the people of Punxsutawney, and basking in the warmth of their hearths and hearts, I couldn't imagine a better fate than a long, and lustrous winter. From Punxsutawney, it's Phil Connors - so long."
* An awesome moment for ComedicSociopathy: "Ned?! [[[OneHitKO PUNCH]]]" (Also a CrowningMomentOfFunny.)