* The Elench drone that ''carved a message into the ship that was destroying it!'' gets one of these. Its quick thinking and XanatosSpeedChess escape from the Excession ''certainly'' gives it a significant MomentOfAwesome in the lead-up.
* The ''Sleeper Service'' [[spoiler: turning its ENTIRE INTERIOR INTO ENGINE SPACE!]]. It's a GSV, so the scope of that feat is literally beyond human comprehension. How it [[spoiler: manages to dupe most of the Culture, subvert Special Circumstances spies, and pull off a BigDamnHeroes moment at the end makes a large chunk of the ending an amalgamated [=CMOA=] for the ''Sleeper'']].
** Particularly when its watcher's only flabbergasted response is (and this is a ship capable of frying stars and with a speed measured in kilolights):
--> '''Yawning Angel:''' Two hundred and thirty-two thousand times the speed of light. [[PrecisionFStrike Dear holy fucking shit.]]
* ''Grey Area'' gets its own when [[spoiler: it manages to talk to the Excession and hitch a ride on it]]. When you've just [[spoiler: managed to figured out how to communicate and gain passage with an entity ''at least'' older than an entire galaxy]] through your [[AwesomenessByAnalysis powers of analysis and observation]], you have to be given credit where credit's due. Of course, depending on your point of view, you could make the case that systematically going through the galaxy and torturing every sentient being that committed genocide, torture, or mass-murder by making them relive their victim's last moments could be worth a [=CMOA=] mention.
* The ''Interesting Times Gang''. They're [[BunnyEarsLawyer Bunny Ears Lawyers]] who effectively run [[CrazyAwesome the Culture]]. Just that sentence lands them deserving a possible contender for a CrowningMomentOfAwesome.
* Everything that Rapid Offensive Unit ''Killing Time'' does, starting at the confrontation at Pittance and carrying all the way through the rest of the book.
--->'''''Killing Time'':''' Missed, you fuckers!
--->'''''Shoot Them Later'':''' Dear me, you don't believe in making things easy for people, do you?\\
'''''Killing Time'':''' I am a warship. That is not my function.
** During a fight ''Killing Time'' destroys two other starships and thinks afterwards "Entire engagement duration; eleven microseconds".