* The famous "across the moon" scene. E.T. levitates Elliott's bike into the air just when it's about to run off a cliff, saving Elliott's life in the process.
* When E.T.'s heart lights up again and he is revived.
-->'''[[MeaningfulEcho E.T. phone home!]]'''
** "Does this mean they're coming?" "''Yes.''"
* Elliott pulling out the pins of the access tunnel, detaching it and ensuring the government agents inside can't get to E.T.
* E.T. saving Elliott and his friends by making ''all'' their bikes fly at the end of the film!
* JohnWilliams' epic score.