* Four words: The Battle Of Chibi. The combined(yet still massively outnumbered) armies of Shu(led by Zhuge Liang) and Wu(led by Zhou Yu) against the MASSIVE naval fleet of Cao Cao's Wei. ALWAYS one of the absolute most important battles in any installment of the series, and one involving ridiculous amounts of badassery from all three sides.
* Wei gets at least three:
** The first one is when Xiahou Dun gets his eye shot out, rips the arrow out, and proceeds to continue the fight! Unfortunately, his eyepatch is applied immediately after the cutscene, and there's no indication of the rumor that he ate the eyeball.
** In the cutscene after that same battle, Zhang Liao basically telling Lu Bu to stop being a pussy and accept death like a man -- which is implied to be [[spoiler:the reason that Cao Cao chose for Zhang Liao to live and Lu Bu to die]].
** Dian Wei's death counts as both awesome and a bit of a Tearjerker
* Huang Gai setting the Wei ships ablaze is pretty damn awesome.
* If a cutscene must be a crowning moment of awesome, then [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08xQqLz2en4 Jin's ending]] is the best way to end the game.
** Even moreso, that cutscene takes the usual 'Liu Shan not grieving on Shu' scene and have Liu Shan make a good statement about people shouldn't be too bound on past tradition to achieve peace, a statement that Sima Zhao agreed on... and in turn... ''makes the grieving Shu officers cheer in joy'' and probably makes an in-universe RescuedFromTheScrappyHeap for Liu Shan.
* The battle of Chang Ban for both Zhao Yun and Zhang Fei, the former for single handedly saving Liu Bei's infant son and the latter for pulling a YouShallNotPass and to make his point he roars at them scaring the crap of most of them.
* Guan Yu versus Hua Xiong at Si Shui Gate. Xiong starts off as a viable threat until he's driven off. Then Guan Yu charges at him, [[CurbStompBattle and down goes Hua Xiong like a chump.]]
** Don't forget him against Yan Liang and Wen Chou at Guan Du. The two were Yuan Shao's strongest warriors and he takes them [[OneHitKill both down without breaking a sweat]]
* Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires has a Skirmish mission where you get to drive ''[[DemonicSpiders a juggernaut.]]'' Sure, it's slow, but it's close to invincible, and pressing Circle shoots out jets of flame in a 270-degree circle around you. Drive it into a thick crowd of enemies, park flush against a wall facing it, and just press Circle every four seconds or so, [[EvilLaugh maniacal laughter optional.]]
* Dynasty Warriors 8: Battle against Yu/Gan Ji. There's just something awesome seeing Da Qiao, who's mostly presented as the meek ReluctantWarrior, [[RageBreakingPoint getting enraged]] and readily throws herself to kick phantom soldiers' asses and Yu Ji himself because he messed with her husband. What makes this awesome is that Da Qiao has never done this in the previous games even if Yu Ji has been a recurring NPC since ''[=4XL=]'', this is the first time we see a pissed-off Da Qiao.
* Zhang Bao, Jiang Wei, and Ma Dai's BigDamnHeroes moment when they rescue an isolated Guan Xing at Luoyang.
* Sucessfully enter any "What If" path in Dynasty Warriors 8.
** For Wei, [[spoiler:winning at Chibi with the help of a not-dead Guo Jia and a convinced Xu Shu.]]
** For Wu, [[spoiler:averting the deaths of everyone playable who would have died up to Hefei leads you to ambush Zhang Liao before he could destroy the bridge and thus, winning handily the battle of Hefei.]]
** For Shu, [[spoiler:by meeting again with Xu Shu at Chibi and denying Pang Tong's death, you can deny the flood attack at Fan Castle and mop the combined forces of Wu and Wei.]]