* [[TheProtagonist Shikako]] gets a fair number of impressive ones:
** While she's no pushover before this, her first jaw-droppingly kick-ass moment has got to be when she [[spoiler:defeats the entire Sound Team by herself, killing all three of them without flinching until the threat to her teammates is over.]] Then when Sasuke is possessed by the Curse Mark, she [[spoiler:takes a strike to the chest]], which [[MyGodWhatHaveIDone snaps him out of his]] [[DrunkOnTheDarkSide power-trip]].
*** For bonus points she [[spoiler: kills Kin using the Shadow Imitation technique to have Kin [[BoomHeadshot stab herself in the brain.]] ]]
** Using the Substitution Technique with only a moment to spare to [[spoiler:switch with Sasuke, taking Itachi's [[MindRape Tsukuyomi]] full-force.]]
** Defeating [[spoiler:Kidomaru]], with [[spoiler:Kiba and Akamaru]] backing her up. And given that [[spoiler:Kidomaru]] shrugged off Ino's SignatureMove, it makes her triumph all the more savoury.
*** All the various stages of that two-chapter fight deserve mention, actually, including a meta-example in praising the author for constructing it so well despite that "the fight scenes are killing [her]".
* Naruto curb-stomping [[spoiler:Neji, during the Chuunin Exam Finals]]. Made even better because it came about as a result of [[TheSmartGirl Shikako]] mentoring him in a way which kept him interested, and raised his intelligence several notches compared to canon.
* It's an OffscreenMomentOfAwesome, but [[KnightTemplarBigBrother Shikamaru]] takes Sasuke aside after [[spoiler:he accidentally injures Shikako.]] It's unclear [[NoodleIncident what exactly Shika said to him]], but it's got [[ArrogantKungFuGuy Sasuke]] on his guard around [[TeenGenius Shikamaru]] from then on.
* In Ino's fight against Temari in the Chuunin Exam Finals, she manages to disarm her opponent which - given Temari's reliance on the fan for her Wind-based techniques - leaves her weakened despite defeating Ino, and so she becomes easy pickings when the Invasion breaks out. Offset somewhat by Ino not preparing for her opponent being strong without her weapon, which leads to her being denied a promotion.
* Shikamaru and Shino's fight in the Chuunin Exam Finals. Seeing two of the best strategists in the series duke it out in their incredibly subtle manner(s) is highly impressive, and barring [[spoiler:Naruto and ''almost'' Shikako (who didn't even make it to the Finals, but was praised for her deductive reasoning)]], they're the only ones receiving promotions when all is said and done.
* In [[spoiler:the Sasuke Retrieval Arc]], ''Hinata'' of all people pulls a BigDamnHeroes - and then uses her new move [[spoiler:against Kimimaro]] in the process:
--> '''Hinata:''' "Protection of the Eight Trigrams; Sixty-Four Palms".
** Followed by [[spoiler:Lee, Naruto, and the Sand Siblings]] each making their own, in that order.