* Pretty much any scene involving Vermithrax Pejorative. 30 years on, still the nastiest most badass dragon to appear in a Hollywood film.
** The sequence at the burning lake, as Galen has his back turned while [[OhCrap Vermithrax rises up]] from the water, the full reveal of what the dragon looks like up close and personal. Horrifying.
* Ulric's battle royale against Vermithrax. Wizard against Dragon. Thunderstorms versus Fire. All leading up to Ulric's HeroicSacrifice.
* This troper wonders if Ulric and Vermithrax were...previously acquainted before the events of this film. Right before the big battle at the end Vermithrax and Ulric are seen standing/perched on two separate cliffs. Vermithrax sniffs the air a few times and then quickly turns her head toward Ulric, as if recognizing his scent. The wizard then murmurs an incantation in Latin. Cut back to the dragon, whose eyes narrow, almost in contempt (a nod to the effects wizards for that bit), then she snarls, as if to say, "Fuck you, old man!"
* Vermithrax isn't the only one who gets these moments. When [[TheDragon Tyrian]]--who has murdered two of Galen Brandwarden's friends--finally confronts Galen as he's trying to prevent the latest sacrifice, he explains that Galen will have to kill him to stop it. Galen hits back with this gem:
-->'''Galen Brandwarden''': I have plenty of reasons to kill you that have ''nothing to do'' with this sacrifice.
** The ensuing fight scene is also pretty damn awesome for the both of them. Galen gets awesome points for fighting with a trained soldier, and Tyrian gets them for fighting a guy with a magic spear that effortlessly slices through metal.
* Elspeth. When she learns her name was never put in the lottery, what does she do? Somehow, she has hundreds of lottery tickets -- all made from ''baked clay'', mind you -- made with "Elspeth" carved on them. While she doesn't exactly have a DyingMomentOfAwesome, she does show absolutely no fear in sacrificing herself to a gigantic firebreathing lizard.