* The ending, where [[spoiler: Donkey Kong [[ColonyDrop punches the moon]] into Tiki Tong's lair!]]
** And if you do it in co-op, [[spoiler: Diddy rocket boosts DK into it.]]
* In the beginning cutscene, Donkey Kong gets accosted by the Kalimba Tiki, who starts its hypnosis routine. Does Donkey Kong fall under its spell like the other animals? Nope, he merely does an AsideGlance and starts beating the Tiki to a pulp. Also counts as an epic EstablishingCharacterMoment.
** Becomes a Crowning Moment of Funny when [[WordOfGod Word of God]] says the only reason Donkey Kong doesn't serve the Tikis is that he's ''too dumb to hypnotise''.
** It's even funnier when you watch the Tiki after its second failed hypnosis attempt and you can just hear it thinking, [[ThisIsGonnaSuck "...well shit."]]
* The rolling rail segment in level 4-3, Bombs Away. [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12p97byRYuo Words fail to do it justice]].
* [[spoiler: Tiki Tong gets one in his battle. Does he hypnotize some poor sap into fighting for him? Does he stand aside while his henchman did all the work? No. He directly engages DK. Admittebly, it doesn't end so well for him. BUT STILL!]]
* Getting to pull off a RapidFireFisticuffs NoHoldsBarredBeatdown on each Tiki before knocking them into the sky never gets old.
* The reveal trailer at E3. It starts off with Reggie Fils-Aime telling the audeince, "Creator/RetroStudios has produced some great ''Metroid'' titles. But when they said they were ready for something new, we asked them to take one of the most treasured franchises in video game history and to make it magic again. If you listen, you can hear it coming." Cue gameplay footage with the familiar ''DKC'' theme playing. When Donkey Kong burst onto the screen, the audience cheered. And when they saw it was traditional 2D side-scrolling in the vein of the classic ''DKC'' games, they cheered even louder.