* The EpicRiff in [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAD6Obi7Cag Money for Nothing]]. It's worth noting that in the [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNGdkfcD9Iw album version]] of the song (which is 8 minutes long, thus the shortened version for the linked video), the song spends 1:36 just building up to that riff.
** In fact, when Music/WeirdAlYankovic wanted to parody the song, Knopfler offered/demanded to reprise the riff himself.
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUW6G5QdyYU "Walk of Life"]].
* "Tunnel of Love".
* The solo at the end of "Sultans of Swing" has convinced many a fan that Mark Knopfler may well be the greatest guitarist alive. Even Music/EricClapton had a hard time keeping up with Knopfler while playing it.
** The [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Pa9x9fZBtY live version]] is even better.
* Also the solos in "Lady Writer".
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rWuc5kar3Y "Industrial Disease"]], a six-minute-long rocker about economic collapse, with an [[EpicRiff epic keyboard riff]].
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd3btVhwr48 Telegraph Road]] is ''14'' minutes of awesome. Particularly the hauntingly beautiful instrumental in the middle, after "Three lanes moving slow".