* Jamie Carpenter, a sixteen-year-old boy, manages to outsmart and kill [[StarterVillain Alexandru Rusmanov]], one of the most powerful vampires ever to exist.
* In the past, but when John Carpenter (Jamie's grandfather) teams up with Frankenstein in 1928, marching into Valentin Rusmanov's house in search of a target, then demanding they be let out alive otherwise he would ''blow up the building''. It's such an awesome moment, it even gets Valentin's respect!
* Near the end of ''The Rising'', Jamie also leads an Operation into Paris [[spoiler: to get Frankenstein back, killing an entire theatreful of vampires and ''sedating a werewolf'' in the process.]]
* The battle that concludes ''The Rising'' [[spoiler: when Valeri's army assaults the Loop]] has a few:
** Valentin Rusmanov [[spoiler:fighting his brother to a standstill in front of the entire Blacklight roster, proving his loyalty after much distrust.]]
** Henry Seward [[spoiler: triggering the detonation of [[FantasticNuke the Loop's massive ultraviolet light bombs]] as Valeri carries him away.]]
** Shortly after the battle ends, Jamie [[spoiler: delivering a swift [[BoomHeadshot headshot]] to [[MadScientist Dr. Talbot]], who is holding Matt at gunpoint, [[ShutUpHannibal cutting off his]] MotiveRant in the process.]]
* In ''Battle Lines'' when Kate and Matt go out to sort out the mess with [[spoiler: their fathers and Albert Harker]] and are joined by [[spoiler:Frankenstein]].
** Seward not only [[spoiler: surviving and enduring Dracula's brutal torture, but attempting to throw himself off of Chateau Dauncy mid-conversation both to spite the first vampire and to [[TakingYouWithMe attempt to drag him down when he goes after Seward]].]]
* Matt escaping a hostage situation in ''Zero Hour'' by [[spoiler: deliberately driving the car he's being held at gunpoint in straight into a wall.]]
* At the end of ''Zero Hour'', the enormous battle between [[spoiler: every Department member in the world and Dracula's army at Chateau Dauncy]].
** How the battle starts in the first place: [[spoiler: General Allen drops a [[StuffBlowingUp bunker buster]] straight into the Chateau, blowing the walls out and almost killing Dracula then and there. It's enough to briefly terrify the first vampire and earn a modicum of his respect.]]
** The moment when [[spoiler: Frankenstein, fully transformed into a werewolf,]] is unleashed. [[spoiler: If the bunker buster wasn't enough of an OhCrap moment for Dracula's army...]]
** Jamie finally getting to [[spoiler: plunge a stake into Valeri's heart after three books of the eldest Rusmanov being a KarmaHoudini.]]
** The extended battle Larissa and Valentin have with [[spoiler: Dracula, who is hours away from reaching full power. Dracula almost kills Valentin by [[HalfTheManHeUsedToBe splitting him in half]], but Larissa -- a much younger vampire -- almost ''kills him'' in return, only letting him escape to save Valentin's life.]]
* The final battle at Carcassonne at the end of ''Darkest Night'' packs quite a few, as expected for the climax of the entire series:
** The directors of the worldwide Departments, many of whom are [[BadassGrandpa Badass Grandpas]], [[spoiler: forgoing their own safety to pick up weapons again and charge into battle with their men. [[TheAce Paul Turner]] goes first, but Allen, Ovechkin, and Tan soon stride out to join him. And by the end, they all survive!]]
** Valentin [[spoiler: disarming a mid-flight nuclear missile just before it lands, and promptly using the wreckage to smash [[TheDragon Osvaldo]]]].
** Alan Foster, a [[BadassGrandpa retired]] Marine with [[BadassNormal no special equipment or powers]], manages to [[spoiler: fight his way past all of Dracula's guards and enable the clean rescue of every hostage. He then manages to confront Dracula himself ''without dying horribly''.]]
** Angela Darcy escaping [[spoiler: her crucifixion in the Basilica and ripping [[TortureTechnician Emery's]] throat out.]]
** After getting [[spoiler: [[ImpaledWithExtremePrejudice fatally run through]] by Dracula's broadsword]], Frankenstein manages to [[spoiler: pull himself along the blade with his last breaths and [[EyeScream gouge one of Dracula's eyes out with his thumb]] before succumbing]].
** Jamie's final confrontation with Dracula: [[spoiler: after watching all of his allies get taken out and being brutalized by the first vampire, he crawls toward Frankenstein's body and manages to grab hold of a wooden crucifix. When Dracula taunts him for believing superstitions and moves to finish him off, Jamie [[ImpromptuTracheotomy buries it in his throat]] and uses his blood to recover. Dracula is then shot multiple times by the recovered Larissa and [[KarmicDeath stabbed in the heart with his own sword]] after being made to fear Jamie. As if that weren't enough, the mysterious EldritchAbomination Dracula absorbed into his body to become the first vampire resurfaces and slowly, brutally [[DraggedOffToHell drags Dracula down into god-knows-where as he screams and thrashes]] before vanishing completely.]]