* Dante can make something as mundane as [[MundaneMadeAwesome getting dressed]] look badass, performing a series of mid-air acrobatics while under the attack of a 15 foot tall demon.
* The Bob Barbas boss fight. Even fans who dislike the game praise this particular battle and for good reason.
* Dante [[spoiler:and Vergil's]] killing of [[spoiler:Mundus]], ending in a CleanCut from Rebellion that cuts [[spoiler:Mundus]] in two, followed by him exploding!
* Dante [[spoiler:slugging Vergil in the face]] during their battle.
* For that matter, the entire final battle [[spoiler: against Vergil]]. DramaticThunder, a tricky enemy Dante's size [[spoiler: Teleportation, and a DopplegangerAttack]]. On the harder difficulties, you feel like a badass for winning.
** Not just any DramaticThunder. The fight starts with the skies perfectly clear. The thunder clouds build from the ground up at the edge of the arena. ''The fight was so hardcore it generated a thunderstorm''.
* Dante gets his white hair. After all the criticism about the new Dante's character design, the fans got their wish.
* The ending of [[spoiler:''Vergil's Downfall'']]. An army of demons approaches [[spoiler:Vergil]] ready to tear him apart. [[spoiler:Vergil, fresh from destroying the last remnants of doubt and goodness in his heart]] turns around and his eyes briefly flash red as he prepares to draw his sword. The demons are so cowed by his new terrifying power and resolve that they immediately bow before him.