* While ''Cloverfield'' is about people who '''aren't''' super heroic, it manages quite a few of these, not the least of which is Rob getting a dog-sized insect-like creature away from his sister-in-law ''by running up and '''kicking it in the face.'''''
* The scene where they look upon Clover destroying the city and the military feebly fighting back in the helicopter
* Marlena smacking the hell out of a parasite with a pipe.
* DVD supplemental materials say that Hud received a [[spoiler:posthumous]] Medal of Valor for his video.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvNkGm8mxiM The first teaser trailer.]] No big-name stars. It's just some found footage from a totally random party. It doesn't show the monster. It doesn't even show the title. And yet, it is incredibly creepy and it grabs your attention instantly. That's one of the most awesome uses of marketing '''ever'''.