* The suggestion box scene is a major one for Lorna, Gladys and especially Betty.
* Gladys and James teaming up to protest against Rollie's plans to sell sub-par rations to the Canadian army.
* Vera's return to the factory in the first season finale.
** And then again when she finds herself a new soldier, who doesn't mind her scars.
* Kate telling off Chet the pinup photographer for fleecing her of her first pay check. "You wanted to bleed me dry? You did it! I'm sure it's a wonderful career you've got here, but like my daddy always says, go gentle when choking the golden goose."
* Gladys and James' goodbye scene with their "vows".
* Leon knocking out Kate's would-be rapist.
* Lorna's husband telling Marco to sit down and then hitting him square in the face and telling him to leave Lorna alone.
* Kate proving she can be tough by simply covering [[spoiler: her father's corpse]] with a tarp and leaving it there, when even ''Betty'' is freaked out.
* Betty proves herself a match for a man in the two scuffles she gets into in "Fifth Column".
* Kate doing a burlesque show her way, her style, and pulling it off with aplomb.
* Gladys risking her trust fund on a bail surety for Kate and Betty.
* Could be a tearjerker, too, but Betty taking all the blame for being accused of Kate/Marion's father's death.