* "And Then There Was Silence," both [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snwvpJ7DxyY the studio version]] and live. Just to elaborate: We're talking about the longest song coming from a band known for EpicRocking. It alone took up half the recording time that went into ''A Night at the Opera'', and Hansi himself considers it to be the greatest song he's ever written.
* From that same album: "Punishment Divine." [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cxp0KCqubk Easily the darkest and angriest song Blind Guardian ever wrote.]]
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kzuu9dvPCE "Time Stands Still (At the Iron Hill)"]] is Crowning Music of Awesome about a literary CrowningMomentOfAwesome.
* The first live album, Tokyo Tales. Hansi gets the crowd to wholeheartedly sing the intro for Journey Through the Dark on first try and they've only just begun. When you get this kind of audience participation, especially with addressing them in an unfamiliar language (most of the crowd probably found his English hard to understand...) you know you're a freaking god on the stage. Bands that have been in the business for years can't wrap a familiar audience around their fingers like that.
** Or ''all'' live albums. Your choice.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfEJwK6InXc Wheel of Time]]. Just...''[[AwesomeMusic Wheel of Time]].''
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBx9h-6vV4o Valkyries]] is absolutely awesome, despite being [[SugarWiki/NeedsMoreLove not one of their more well known songs]].
* On a Meta level, you know you've made it as a musician when you don't even have to sing — you can just let the audience do it for you.
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiKAdVbhtEY Presenting Hansi as the voice of Emperor Palpatine.]]
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFu6r10U38k "Grand Parade"]] from ''Beyond the Red Mirror'' is very much worthy of its name.