* The whole episode on the difference between science and pseudoscience. One of the most important science lessons a kid can learn, and yet how many shows teach it?
* Bill's appearance on ''Series/MisterRogersNeighborhood'' necessitated LighterAndSofter content. While we're familiar with his ability to connect with kids, he was out of his demographic comfort zone, and he adapted well.
* Bill Nye appeared on DancingWithTheStars and even though he didn't do a very good job (sorry, but he didn't) the ENTIRE THEATER was giving him a standing ovation after his dance, all chanting "BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL!" After almost 15 years, his fans still love and remember him!
** After every performance he made. Even after being effectively immobilized from a knee injury.
** ESPESCIALLY after he was imomobilized from a knee injury. The man was advised by his doctor to stop dancing but Bill freaking Nye decided to devise a knee brace that effectively rendered him a peg leg. Instead of letting that stop him, the man dressed up as a cyborg and incorporated that into his dance. He didn't win but, as previously mentioned, the audience reaction was HUGE.
* ''Crushing'' Ken Ham in a debate on evolution, to the point where even other creationists, including Pat Robertson, were saying he won.
* Teaching kids how to make a fire extinguisher out of ridiculously common kitchen materials in the chemical reactions episode. There's a good chance that somewhere out there, that saved somebody's life.