* The whole episode on the difference between science and pseudoscience. One of the most important science lessons a kid can learn, and yet how many shows teach it?
* Bill's appearance on ''Series/MisterRogersNeighborhood'' necessitated LighterAndSofter content. While we're familiar with his ability to connect with kids, he was out of his demographic comfort zone, and he adapted well.
* Bill Nye appeared on ''Series/DancingWithTheStars''. The ''entire theater'' was giving him a standing ovation after his dance, all chanting "BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL!" After almost 15 years, his fans still love and remember him!
** After every performance he made. ''Especially'' after he was immobilized from a knee injury. The man was advised by his doctor to stop dancing but Bill freaking Nye decided to devise a knee brace that effectively rendered him a peg leg. Instead of letting that stop him, the man dressed up as a cyborg and incorporated that into his dance. He didn't win but, as previously mentioned, the audience reaction was ''huge''.
* Similarly, around ten years after the show ended, Nye started doing speaking tours at colleges. It's not at all uncommon for the tickets for his lectures to sell out within ''minutes''. As was once overheard standing in line for said tickets, "Dude's a rock star!"
* ''Crushing'' Ken Ham in a debate on evolution. [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6kgvhG3AkI It has to be seen to be believed.]]
** Along with that, Nye gets a whole load of bonus points:
*** ''Crushing'' Ham in his own "museum" (which teaches that which is demonstrably false as it if it were factual)
*** Utterly '''''DESTROYING''''' Ham hard enough to get other Creationists to say that Nye had won.
*** And also ''capsizing'' the myth that the story of Noah's Ark in the Bible actually happened.
*** And making sure Ham's attempt to gain publicity for creationism backfired.
**** To put this in perspective, scientists have refused to debate creationists for years for a few reasons. First, it lends legitimacy to the idea that there even is a debate. Second, creationists often use dishonest debate tactics that can frustrate people who are unprepared for them while seeming legitimate to people who don't know better. Some people worried Nye would be tripped up by common creationist debate tactics designed to be repeated rapid-fire so an opponent doesn't have time to counter them all. The well-known script gave Nye plenty to study and work around.
* Teaching kids how to make a fire extinguisher out of ridiculously common kitchen materials in the chemical reactions episode. There's a good chance that somewhere out there, that saved somebody's life.