[[folder: The Original Epic ]]
* Beowulf kills Grendel, a monster so tough no weapon forged by man can even ''wound'' him, by [[AnArmAndALeg ripping his arm off]] [[SuperStrength with his bare hands and then beating him to death with it]]!
* Prior to the events of the epic, Beowulf mentions that he killed nine sea monsters with only a sword. ''While underwater''.
* Beowulf [[SuperNotDrowningSkills holds his breath for nearly a full day]] ''immediately before'' his fight with Grendel's mother, and still has enough strength to steal Grendel's mother's sword and decapitate her with it.
[[folder: 2007 film ]]
* "I am ripper! Tearer! Slasher! Gouger! I am the teeth in the darkness! The talons in the night! Mine is strength! And lust! And power! '''[[PunctuatedForEmphasis I! AM! BEOWULF!]]'''
* "THE GODS WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO DIE! SO DO IT! KILL ME, FINN OF FRISIA! KILL ME!"
* SEA MONSTERS! And then, banging a mermaid.
* "TONIGHT! WILL BE DIFFERENT! TONIGHT HE WILL FIND GEATS WAITING FOR HIM, NOT FRIGHTENED SHEEP!"
* Wiglaf's repeatedly reluctant offer to enter the cave belongs here, too.
* Beowulf's greatest scene in the film is when he insists, on dying, that the truth be told. A hero for a very long time, he'd finally become a man.
* Wealhtheow saving Ursula from falling rubble ''even though she was banging with her husband, Beowulf.''
* The scene at the conclusion of a massive Shadow of the Colossus-esque battle with a dragon twice the length of a 747 aircraft. He slices open his throat while hanging by a chain (which burns his hand), cutting off his own arm to get his knife closer to heart that it just can't reach. Then after losing the knife and watching his two women about to get eaten, RIPS OUT THE DRAGON'S HEART WITH HIS BARE, THIRD-DEGREE BURNED HAND!! The badass scale officially broke at this point, especially since he's supposed to be somewhere between fifty to seventy years old.