* The picnic scene, starting when the gigantic shoe descended into frame and ending with a flick of a gum-and-ant-covered penny into the garbage. Think humans are ants compared to giant monsters? To ants, we're living mountains.
* Z's (attempted) rescue of Bala. According to WordOfGod, at that point, Z had to stop being a nebbish and start being heroic.
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: John Powell and Harry Gregson-Williams combined to make a superb soundtrack--their next film was ''WesternAnimation/ChickenRun''--and six words: "High Hopes" sung by Doris Day. You'll know it when you hear it.
* Ants are awesomely strong for their size, but Weaver supporting about ten-thousand ants on his shoulders, all alone? That was still cool.
* Bala fearlessly standing up to Mandible and revealing her true distaste for him.
-->'''Bala:''' I don't like the way you think, I don't like the way you run this colony, and I don't like YOU! The wedding's off!
* Cutter rebelling against Mandible and stepping forward to help Z and the others.
-->'''Mandible:''' What are you doing?!\\
'''Cutter:''' Something I should have done a long time ago. ''[[TakeMyHand This]]'' is for the good of the colony.
* Z sees Mandible about to kill Colonel Cutter and shoves him out of the way. Keep in mind he barely knows Cutter - but the guy is about to help his friends, and that's far more important. Throughout the film Z has been rather selfish - now he understands that the colony is just as important as he is.