* When the British Captain defuses the DA's argument by saying "And to what poundage do you imagine the entry may refer to, sir? A mast and sails, perhaps?"
* John Quincy Adams' argument to the Supreme Court, where he singlehandedly convinces 7 southern slave owners that the defendants are human beings with equal rights, who deserve freedom and had the right to use force to secure it.
** Creator/AnthonyHopkins did that speech in one take. It awed Creator/StevenSpielberg so much that he has never called Hopkins "Tony" since, but only "Sir Anthony."
** To elaborate: That wasn't a brief minute and half speech. The Supreme Court scene lasts a good ''ten minutes'' and Hopkins doesn't miss a beat.
* "Give us, us free! GIVE US, US FREE!"
* The destruction of the slave fortress and Captain Fitzgerald's rather dry response: "Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire. Take a letter, Ensign. To His Honor, the United States Secretary of State, Mr. John Forsyth. My dear Mr. Forsyth, it is my great pleasure to inform you that you are, in fact, correct. The slave fortress in Sierra Leone does not exist. "
* The slave traders going to jail, and Cinque's utter joy.