-->''"The First Sword of Braavos does not run."''
--> '''Syrio Forel''', ''A Game Of Thrones''
-->''[[KansasCityShuffle "One."]] [[FeedTheMole "Two."]] [[ThePlan "Three."]]''
--> '''Tyrion Lannister''', ''A Clash Of Kings''
-->''[[KneelBeforeZod "Our knees do not bend so easily."]]''
-->''[[LastStand "The Kingsguard does not flee."]]''
-->''"Then or now."''
--> '''Ser Arthur Dayne & Ser Gerold Hightower''', ''A Game of Thrones''
%%The plan for this article is that the various MOA's throughout the series are organised by book. Please help if you can, work has been started but needs to be finished.
!!''The Winds of Winter''
* Stannis [[spoiler:deducing that Arnolf Karstark is TheMole, getting him and his nephew arrested and bullying several Karhold men into fighting for him instead of House Bolton]].
* Arya [[spoiler: finally killing Raff the Sweetling so very long after having added him to her list, and just to make it sweeter she does so the same way Raff murdered Lommy in AClashOfKings and even makes him unknowingly echo Lommy's last plea for help.]]
** A far more subtle one in the same chapter is that it reveals at the end that [[spoiler: Bran's greenseeing has progressed to the point where he can now see Arya all the way from Westeros.]]
* Jaime killing Aerys. At 17 doing the most unbelievable crime of all time. Killing a king, a king he was sworn to defend. And his [[ShootTheDog reasons]] make him a total [[TheWoobie woobie]] (at least initially).
** True enough. To expand this; King Aerys II was losing the battle against Robert's Rebellion, was very close to watching King's Landing get sacked and his throne taken from him, [[KillEmAll and was about to burn down King's Landing and everyone in it out of spite.]] Jaime [[EvenEvilHasStandards prevented this from happening]], killing Aerys before he could give the order. And he did this with a general idea of [[TheOathbreaker of how people would see him]] for the rest of his life afterward, and not telling anybody [[WhatYouAreInTheDark the truth about what happened]].
* One that happened offscreen - when he was a squire with Merrett Frey, Merrett used to bully the other squires. Then he tried to bully Jaime. [[NoodleIncident Guess what happened next...]]
!!''The Princess and the Queen'' short story
* Nettle's EstablishingCharacterMoment. She tames a ''feral, adult dragon''. Everyone else who tried that did it by [[WhatAnIdiot marching into the dragon's lair]] and trying to ''force'' it to obey them. ([[SarcasmMode Spoiler alert]]: they died horribly.) But Nettle's [[GuileHero too smart for that]]. So she gets a butchered sheep and takes it to the dragon, every day, until it recognizes her and trusts her. That's it. Simple ''logic'' elevates this [[TwoferTokenMinority bastard peasant girl]] to a DragonRider and major player in the war.
* Faced with the Queen's order condemning Nettles to death, the Lord of Maidenpool baulks at violating SacredHospitality. His loyal maester solves the problem by tipping off Prince Daemon, then telling his lord to arrest him for treason. Instead of handing him over for execution, the lord declares they're both traitors and changes sides.
* Daenerys Frakkin' Targaryen. Dany is like a Crowning Person of Awesome all on her own after about the midpoint of A Game of Thrones, but here are a few highlights:
** First, when she [[spoiler: kills Mirri Maz Duur and hatches her dragon eggs, and WALKS INTO THE FIRE TO PULL THEM OUT and comes out unscathed (except for her hair)]]at the end of A Game of Thrones
** Then, when she [[spoiler: burns down the House of the Undying AND outwits the Qaartheen to escape after leading her people through a desert death march mostly intact]] during A Clash Of Kings
** Finally, she [[spoiler: turns her small group of Dothraki into a large group of warriors by freeing the Unsullied she just bought by ordering them to kill the men who owned them five minutes ago, then leading them on a rampage through the East, freeing slaves and leaving burning ruins of what had once been decadent, immoral, evil cities in her wake]] during A Storm of Swords. Put simply, she is the most badass fourteen-year-old in, well, EVER.
*** Not to mention the event that kicks all this off -- Dany ordering her dragons to [[spoiler: roast the repellant slave trader]] who's been [[PoliticallyIncorrectVillain calling her "whore" and "slut" every chance he gets]]. ''So'' satisfying.
**** And this is after she shredded half his face off with the whip he just gave her.
*** Of course, this being a WorldHalfEmpty, after Daenerys accomplishes the events described above, it falls apart. But instead of pulling a KarmaHoudini—or letting the author throw one on her behalf—she decides to stay and learn from her mistakes. For a girl of sixteen, that's another Moment of Awesome right there.
** [[spoiler:Drogon]] in ''A Dance with Dragons''. If you've gotten to the scene, no further explanation will be necessary.
** And her killing Shagwell the fool - ''"Laugh!" but Shagwell could only moan and cry''.
*** "''Sapphires.''" Finally, Rorge gets what is coming to him. Also qualifies as a CMOA for Gendry, who rids the world of Biter a few minutes later
* No love for Sansa? In book one after realising what Joffery really is she almost pulls a TakingYouWithMe and is only stopped by the Hound. Book two she saves Ser Dontos life which allows for her eventual escape from Kings Landing. And in book four she's showing real signs of MagnificentBastard potential.
** Her defiant refusal to kneel at her forced wedding to Tyrion was a brave bit of resistance in a scenario where she had virtually no capacity to refuse her captors anything.
* The backstory featured a confrontation between Aegon the Conqueror's sister-wife Rhaenys and the Ruling Princess of Dorne, [[http://thewertzone.blogspot.in/2012/09/the-full-story-of-targaryen-conquest-in.html?spref=tw&m=1%7CThe Mariya "The Yellow Toad" Martell]]. The Dornish had used guerilla tactics to destroy the invading Targaryen armies little piece by little piece, at the same time negating them a target for their dragons. When Rhaenys got fed up and flew straight to the Dornish capital the following (paraphrased) exchange took place:
-->'''Mariya''': ''This is Dorne. You are not wanted here, return at your peril. ''
-->''' Rhaenys''': ''I will return! With '''Fire and Blood'''!''
-->'''Mariya''': ''[[ShutUpHannibal Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken]]''.
** Made even more awesome by the fact that Mariya was an 80 year old woman, nearly blind, and she still dared to spurn a ''freaking dragon rider'' who had burned an army to cinders a few days back. The Dornish (even women)must have balls of Valyrian steel!
* In Jojen and Meera's story of the tourney at Harrenhal, [[RebelliousPrincess Lyanna Stark]] came across a group of squires beating a young Howland Reed. She roared [[PreAssKickingOneLiner "That's my father's man you're kicking!"]] and proceeded to beat the crap out of all the bullies with a tourney sword, scattering them. Keep in mind she was only a teenage girl at the time. [[ActionGirl It's easy to see why Arya is often compared to her aunt.]]
* From "The Hedge Knight", ''many'' moments relating to Dunk's Trial of Seven:
** The smallfolk all being on Dunk's side even though his opponents include [[spoiler:three princes of the blood and three members of the Kingsguard]] because he was "a knight who remembered his vows".
** [[spoiler:Baelor Breakspear himself, Hand of the King and heir to the Iron Throne,]] volunteering to be Dunk's final champion, even though it means going against [[spoiler:his own brother and two of his nephews]].
** Ser Humphrey Hardyng fighting at Dunk's side even though he already had a broken leg from his earlier clash with Aerion.
** Raymun Fossoway being knighted on the spot to take Dunk's cause [[spoiler:after his treacherous cousin Steffon betrays Dunk to fight for the other side]]. During the battle he [[spoiler:gave his cousin a few bruises to remember and afterwards went on to found the cadet branch of House Fossoway based on his repainted "green apple" banner which would grow to become the equals of the main "red apple" branch]].
** Dunk beating [[spoiler:Prince Aerion Targaryen]] and forcing him to recant his accusation, winning the trial, by [[TheCombatPragmatist dragging him down into the mud and beating the stuffing out of him]], largely using [[ShieldBash his opponent's own shield against him]]. "He could vanquish Ser Duncan the Tall, but not Dunk of Flea Bottom."
** Finally, his acceptance of Prince Maekar's offer to let him take his son Aegon as his squire- on the condition that the two of them roam the country living the low life a simple hedge knight and his common squire. When Maekar incredulously reminds Dunk that Egg is a prince of the blood, Dunk points out to the prince [[spoiler:and now heir to the throne]] that neither of his other two sons ever learned humility or decency, so maybe it's time to try things a different way. Maekar doesn't answer, but Dunk gets his way. (And if you know about the history of the series, you know Aegon V grows up to be a fair, honourable and beloved ruler, so Dunk ''knew'' what he was talking about.)