* All. The. Time. Nearly every chapter has one of these, either by a Canmore, by another Scottish noble, or just the common Scotsman.
* Angus the Mauler gets one when he single-handedly takes on a Timurid War Elephant. [[spoiler:Angus wins. By ''[[IncendiaryExponent setting it on fire]]''.]]
* The Scottish Spy Network. Every single thing Fearghus Campbell and his successors do is a CMOA. By the end of the story, Chiefs of State that opposed Scotland were driven completely insane out of terror at the mere THOUGHT of one of the Scottish Assassins or Master Spies even being in the same room, even causing one to [[spoiler: die of a massive heart attack after having been driven completely insane with paranoia that there was a Scottish Assassin in the room. To be fair, there actually 'was', but he had no way of knowing for sure]].
** Fearghus gets one ''post-death'' with the Milanese spymaster. [[spoiler: The spymaster, Dego de Spina, has been regularly meeting with a disgruntled Scottish businessman who's been giving him reliable information for weeks, taking advantage of the lapse in the Scottish spy network following Fearghus' death. Dego de Spina finally prepares to dispose of his informant once he's finished getting the information, but as de Spina prepares to do so, the Scot hands him a note and goes to get a drink. De Spina looks over the note, which reads "My dearest Dego de spina, You were never as good as you thought you were. Yours, Fearghus Campbell." Cue the "businessman" - who is actually the deadliest of Scotland's assassins - shanking De Spina.]]
* An Inquisitor tries to charge Aodh Canmore with blasphemy and heresy while they're in the middle of an Egyptian pyramid, surrounded by all manner of "evidence" the Inquisitor can easily twist into a trial. [[spoiler: Aodh, using only words, sends the Inquisitor running ''and crying'' in terror.]]
* The DownerEnding with the Timurids showing up to storm a weakened and disunified Scotland. [[spoiler:The entire thing was an epic forgery by the Scottish spy network to trap the Timurid army and kill their warlords, stopping the massive invasion in its tracks.]]
* Kirk Canmore, once an uncertain, liberal lad who keeps trying for diplomacy against enemies whose only concept of diplomacy is at the tip of a sword, [[TookALevelInBadass taking a few levels]] when he [[spoiler: visits the Aztecs and discovers their human sacrificing]]. His next letter home is one long, furious rant about how he's going to [[spoiler: burn the Aztec Empire to the ground and claim the New World for Scotland.]] Then there's a SmashCut to the Scottish armies [[spoiler: overrunning the Atzecs and the story ending with the statement that "Much like the Old, the New World.... would be Scotland's."]]
* Sultan Tutush of the Turks gets one when he [[spoiler:manages to hold off against Aodh Canmore despite having only seventy men. He manages to become a martyr, and take many Scots with him]].
* Edward [[spoiler:kills [[TheDreaded Subatai The Merciless]] in single combat. Subatai is 26 years old, Edward is pushing 70]].
-->'''Edward''': "This? This is GenghisKhan reborn? This is the great Mongol warlord? This is the death of Scotland?
-->*holds up [[spoiler:Subatai's severed head]]*
-->'''Edward''': "THIS IS NOTHING BUT A PIECE OF SHIT!"
* A random Scottish pikemen gets one when he [[spoiler:kills the Mongol general Batu by ramming his sword through Batu's throat]].
-->'''[[spoiler:Batu]]''': "THIS IS YOUR FINAL STAND, SKOT-TISH! YOU ALL DIE HERE! YOUR WIVES AND DAUGHTERS WILL SERVICE ME! YOUR SONS' SKULLS WILL MAKE MY THRONE! I AM [[spoiler:BATU]], WARLORD OF THE MONGOL HORDE! TREMBLE BEFORE THE MIGHT OF THE HORDE!"
-->'''Pikeman''': "[[ShutUpHannibal Shut yer gob, ya gabberin' pile of shite!]]"
* This random general of a Danish city, bringing new definition to StiffUpperLip:
--> Sir, it is the Scottish!" cried one soldier.
--> "Then it'll be a good fight," grunted Lars.
--> "Sir, they have many mercenaries, including some of those accursed Mongols!" cried the soldier.
--> "Then it'll be a dirty fight," grunted Lars.
--> "Sir, they have more than twice our men!" gasped the soldier, despair in his eyes.
--> "Then it'll be a LONG fight!" snapped Lars, "Now stop gaping like a fish and get into formation! We've got a city to hold!"
* 38 Highlanders, separated from the rest of the army, wearing only kilts and helmets, against 80 soldiers, cavalry, and catapults. The lesson to be learned from this CurbStompBattle? Never piss off a Highlander.