A FightingSeries by Shinjirou about a boy who is given an odd tattoo on his palm by an old man whom he [[SamaritanSyndrome saves from a thug]]. Not long after he's got it, he meets a mysterious girl, who punches him in the face, and later steals his phone. Running after her gets him [[CurbStompBattle more than he bargained for]], though, and he ends up drawn into the beginning of what might be the start of international war...
!!Tropes in ''Taboo-Tattoo'' include:
* AlternateHistory: After World War II, a new kingdom emerged and quickly became a super power. It's called the Kingdom of Selinistan
* BadAssNormal: Even before getting or activating his Spell Crest, Seigi was beating up thugs on the street and exchanging blows with Shields, though not very well in the latter.
* BloodyMurder: Invoked. [[spoiler: Tom and Lizze tell Seigi that blood is his activation key, though this is a lie.]]
* GreyAndGreyMorality: No side seems to be good, though admittedly that's through lack of information.
* MauveShirt: Strong contender for king of this trope. There are plenty of non-main characters who do get names and personality, but if they're the good guys, they could very well be offed in the very same chapter. Best examples are chapters 5 and 19.
* MoodWhiplash: Taboo Tattoo has the frightening tendency to go from happy go lucky romantic comedy to bloody carnage in the space of a chapter.
* NewTransferStudent: Lizzie.
* OlderThanTheyLook: Lizzie.
* PowerOfTheVoid: Void Maker
* SphereOfDestruction: Void Maker
* SuperEmpowering: Spell Crests, apart from granting a unique special ability, also boost the person's physical abilities in a variety of ways:
* TrainingFromHell: Seigi's grandfather.
* TransformationTrinket: Spell Crest's need specific materials to activeate. The material needed seems to be unique to each Spell Crest.