[[caption-width-right:300:Commence the massive [[TastesLikeDiabetes HHHHHHHNNNGGGGGGGGG]]]]
-->''"What's wrong, everyone? Why do you look so angry?"''
A 3-episode 3DCGI Origial Video Animation in 2007 based on the [[Franchise/SylvanianFamilies Franchise of the same name]], Sylvanian Families is what you get when you combine Slice of Life stories with TalkingAnimal and loads and loads of sugar. Basically made in a different concept than the WesternAnimation counterpart but also made to cash in with the franchise it's based on, each stories were done accurately to the series's original concept, with a little deep surreal moments and regarding magic in between. The plot of the series varies from silly to being serious.
The series is animated by Dyna Method and directed by Akira Takamura of Anime/KirbyOfTheStars, written by Hiroko Okada, produced by both Koji Kawaguchi of Anime/DokiDokiPrettyCure and Yumiko Murai and songs composed by Koichiro Kameyama. All three episodes were released in the same date of June 20, 2007.
Each episodes as follows:
!!'''''Heart Pounding Mischief Magic'''''
The first [=OVA=] episode. It focuses on Rebecca and her friends trying to do a revenge prank on Buster, a fox whose magic causes trouble to the other Sylvanian friends. Thought he fell for it, he soon helps everyone to amend his mistakes.
!!'''''The Longingly Princess'''''
The second [=OVA=] episode. This one involves Saffron's disagreement with her father's inventions driving her nuts. And also being a princess for the school's annual school play, in which she had problems. But she had a little help.
!!'''''The Gift of the Shooting Star'''''
The third and final [=OVA=] episode. It involves Rebecca and her friends finding the fragments of the Silvery Comet which landed on Acorn Mountain. Thought hilarity ensures that this is more of an expedition.
!!Tropes appearing include, but are not limited to:
* ADogNamedDog: Their Japanese names. Gladly the subtitles gave them much different names.
* AllThereInTheManual: Were thankful that the Japanese released the series with English Subtitles, but yet the character's names in English is different to the ones in the original version itself.
* AnAesop: With all three episodes having one hidden aesop each.
* BadassAdorable: The kids were this in varying degrees, basically the [=OVA=]s were focused on them.
* CheerfulChild: All of the kids, especially Piers.
* CharacterDevelopment: Going in the lines of being dark sometimes, the kids were fleshed out even thought the series is just short.
* ConvenientlySeated: The homeroom in Rebecca's class were this. Some of her friend were seated beside each other or in front.
** In the end of the first [=OVA=], the kids pretended that they were invisble and Buster thinks they were in trouble. In reality they're just hiding from him, and pretending they're hurt or injured. Until Peirs got to scared on being [[NiceJobBreakingItHero invisible that he blew their cover]].
** The entire third [=OVA=] is this, basically an expedition for the fragments of the comet turned a little grim.
* EverythingsBetterWithPrincesses: Saffron in the 2nd [=OVA=]. She later becomes one in the play on the [=OVA=]'s finale.
** TheHeroine / TheLeader: Rebecca
** TheLancer: Asparagus
** TheBigGuy: Dennis, Gromwell
** TheSmartGirl / TheSmartGuy: Saffron, Rumpus
** TheChick: Peirs, Scarlett
** SixthRanger: Buster
* FullyDressedCartoonAnimal: Everyone in Sylvania were this.
* GoodParents: All the kids come from loving and healthy households that offer legitimately good advice and any punishments they dish out are almost always warranted.
* LighterAndSofter: The entity of the [=OVA=]s were this softer and lighter compared to the 80's cartoon. However it sometimes crosses to being [[DarkerAndEdgier dark]] in some moments.
* MeaningfulName / ThemeNaming: A few characters in the [=OVA=]s had some. Especially Rebecca's Japanese and English names.
** The title itself is this. The word Sylvanian means "People Of The Forest".
* MerchandiseDriven: Well it was created to sell the toys. Even the settings in the animation were based around the dollhouses of the franchise.
* NoCommunitiesWereHarmed: The [=OVA=]s were still set in the 1970's Great Britain countryside.
* QuirkyTown: Sylvania.
* ParentalFavoritism: Completely averted. The parents are GoodParents that love their children equally.
* ReasonableAuthorityFigure: Pretty much all the parents shown.
* SceneryPorn: Compared to the cartoon the [=OVA=]'s background were well done in [=3D=], even the houses.
* SlidingScaleOfAnthropomorphism: From BarefootCartoonAnimals to FullyDressedCartoonAnimal.