''Pastel Yumi, the Magic Idol'' is the fourth MagicalGirl series created by Creator/StudioPierrot, airing in 1986.
Yumi Hanazono is an aspiring mangaka who loves drawing and flowers. On the day of the Flower Festival, she rescues a dandelion from being weeded, and is surprised when the flowers start speaking to her. The voices belong to Kakimaru and Keshimaru, two flower elves who give Yumi a [[MagicWand magical wand]] and locket as a reward for her kindness. If Yumi draws something in mid-air with her wand, and recites the phrase, "[[MagicalIncantation Pastel Poppuru Poppin-pa!]]", whatever she drew [[ArtInitiatesLife will become real]].
* ArtInitiatesLife: Yumi's main power.
* BigBallOfViolence: When the two fairies squabble over ice cream in episode 1.
* BookDumb: Yumi doesn't do very well in school.
* BookOnTheHead: Mrs. Fukurokoji once bet with her aunt she could teach lady-like manners to Yumi. Lessons included the walk with books, and at first, Yumi was not able to curtsy without make them fall.
* DysfunctionJunction: Yumi's mother is an alcoholic, and her parents are often fighting with each other.
* FatBastard: Mrs. Fukurokoji
* FairyCompanion: Kakimaru and Keshimaru
* HourOfPower: Yumi's magical drawings only last for a short time.
* LaserGuidedKarma: The fairies gave Yumi her powers as a thank-you because she rescued the dandelion.
* MagicWand: One that was made from a tulip.
* MarilynManeuver: Happen in episode 5 to Yumi.
* MeaningfulName: "Hana" means "flower."
* OddballInTheSeries: The only Creator/StudioPierrot MagicalGirl series that lacks a TransformationSequence and/or an OlderAlterEgo.
* TertiarySexualCharacteristics: Keshimaru wears a bowtie, while Kakimaru wears a bow on her tail. Though they avert PinkGirlBlueBoy, because Keshimaru is the one who's colored pink. (Kakimaru is yellow).