The Seventh Brother, originaly A Hetedik Testvér, is a Hungarian/German animated feature made in 1995.
In the American dub, The story is about a little puppy named Tiny who is separated from his family, a young girl and her grandfather, during a thunderstorm as he chases after a frog when the car breaks down on the side of the road. Since his family believes him to be under a blanket in the front seat, they drive off without him, leaving Tiny to fend for himself.
In the [[WhatDoYouMeanItsForKids original]], mind you, whereas Vacak (Tiny's name in the Hungarian version) was accidentally forgotten in the American version, in THIS version a mother and daughter (who are never seen) are [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv63CyhNxLw driving along only to stop the car and literally throw the puppy out over the ledge and into the forest before driving off again.]]
In both versions, Tiny/Vacak is then taken in by [[MassiveNumberedSiblings six rabbit siblings]] who find him the next morning, and teach him how to be a rabbit, thinking of him as their seventh brother. However, not all the animals are happy that there is a dog in the forest . . .
Both versions have the same theme of bravery (as the rabbits and Tiny/Vacak are thrown into many life-threatening situations, from hawks to drowning) and are filled with many songs.
Interestingly enough, this movie was given out in a promotion at UsefulNotes/McDonalds in TheNineties, along with ''Animation/WillyTheSparrow'' and ''Film/TheAddamsFamily''... [[TheLastOfTheseIsNotLikeTheOthers yes.]]
!!This Movie Provides Examples Of:
* AwardBaitSong: In the U.S. version, there's ''two''. The opening song and "I Miss You".
* EverythingTryingToKillYou: In the movie, the Rabbits are attacked by a hawk, a weasel and a fox, as the forest is occupied by hunters, and are all [[spoiler:nearly drowned near the end]]. Oh, and Tiny/Vacak almost eats a poisionous mushroom.
* GenderEqualEnsemble: There are three sister rabbits and three brother rabbits before Tiny/Vacak came along.
* HappilyAdopted: Tiny/Vacak, until [[spoiler:the end, where Tiny gets injured while fighting off a weasel and needs to be returned to the humans to get better. Tiny and the rabbits still consider themselves siblings at the end though.]]
* JerkWithAHeartOfGold: J.C.
* LighterAndSofter: The English dub.
* MeaningfulName: Vacak means Rubbish in Hungarian.
* StockFootage: Not sure about the original, but in the American release, a high-five scene is used about five times. Even more blatant is the shot of a closeup of Tiny crying.
* TitleConfusion: The English dub was originally released as ''Tiny, the Seventh Brother'', and then changed to ''The Seventh Brother''. The original had the same problem -- ''A hetedik testvér'' versus ''Vacak a hetedik testvér''.