TetsuyaNomura's ExactWords about how "the next ''DissidiaFinalFantasy'' game won't be in the series' current [=[=][[FightingGame fighting game]][=]=] form" resulted in a GenreShift that nobody could have seen coming: from fighting game, to RhythmGame. Despite the AudienceAlienatingPremise, what at first looked like a WidgetSeries-like weird mix turned out to avert the highly feared NoExportForYou (breaking a common tradition for SquareEnix, with a widget no less) status for the game.
This, along with a lot of early players stating to have surprisingly good opinions about this title, triggered a chain reaction of positive feedback for ''TheatrhythmFinalFantasy'', resulted in a long series of [[SugarWiki/AndTheFandomRejoiced Fandom-Rejoicing]] moments.
* Surely the fact that ''[[VideoGame/FinalFantasyVII One-Winged Angel]]'' is, for the first time, going to be heard on a Nintendo console won't hurt.
* And the fact that it's an EliteBeatAgents esque game ALSO can't hurt. The graphics however are definitely lacking.
* While the graphics aren't Dissidia or XIII standard, [[BrokenBase some]] do think they're adorable.
* Secret characters, including Faris, Aerith, Snow and [[EnsembleDarkhorse Vivi]]!
* More characters announced and added to the Main Page! They are: Minwu, Rydia, Locke, Seifer, Yuna, and Ashe!
* [[SuperDeformed Chibi]][[LighterAndSofter -fied]] [[OneWingedAngel Safer]] [[VideoGame/FinalFantasyVII Sephiroth]]. You've read that right: ''chibi-fied Safer Sephiroth.''
* [[http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/File:Theatrhythm_Kefka.png YES.]]
* [[BigGood Cosmos]] is now a playable character!!
** And so are [[VideoGame/FinalFantasyIV Kain]] and [[VideoGame/FinalFantasyVII Sephiroth]].
* NobuoUematsu endorsed the game over twitter saying :
--> "I played Theatrhythm Final Fantasy for the first time today. Not too shabby! As I remembered various things from the past 20 years, I was reduced to tears. FF music fans should definitely play it. Won't you cry with me?"
* Not only is the game getting DLC, but the dev team hopes to release ''[[UpToEleven fifty songs]].''
* [[VideoGame/FinalFantasyXV "Somnus"]] is a playable field song!
* The demo was released on the [=eShop=]... and it has ''unlimited uses'', unlike other demos which only let you play a certain number of times.
* It's getting a sequel with 60 characters and over 200 songs, including tracks from VideoGame/FinalFantasyMysticQuest.