%%Please stop adding speculative or unconfirmed information to the page. Rumours and theories go to the WMG page. Double check that your info came from a legit source before adding it.
!!All unlockables are not spoiler-tagged.
[[caption-width-right:350: [[Franchise/SuperMarioBros The]] [[Franchise/SonicTheHedgehog internet]] [[UltimateShowdownOfUltimateDestiny exploded]] ''[[CueTheFlyingPigs TWICE]]'' the day this was announced. [[UpToEleven And if you thought that wasn't enough...]]]]
--> ''"What Mr. Sakurai suggested then was a specific idea to make Smash Brothers '''[[WhamLine for both Nintendo 3DS and WiiU.]]'''"''
--> '''Satoru Iwata''', [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi4Gro4dZZU E3 announcement]]
Let's face it, there's a reason this series is so popular: ''VideoGame/SuperSmashBros''[='s=] nature as a MassiveMultiplayerCrossover featuring many different Nintendo characters is just about every fan's wet dream. Then, sometimes, [[SugarWiki/AndTheFandomRejoiced the hype goes through the roof even more.]]
[[folder:''Super Smash Bros. Brawl'']]
* Any new character that was confirmed to be playable, especially Snake and especially, ''especially,'' Sonic. R.O.B. and Toon Link were the only exceptions, as they were [[ReplacementScrappy Replacement Scrappies]] to many fans' dream additions. [[RescuedFromTheScrappyHeap they didn't stay hated for long, though.]]
** A long time ago, [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4XrmjZQRQs this trailer came out]], and people were enjoying it so far. They got happy to see Meta Knight, then all of a sudden-[[UnexpectedCharacter WHOA!]] [[http://www.ssbwiki.com/Pit_%28SSBB%29 Who's this dude?]]
* "Cool, new Smash Brothers game. Wait, what's this, a new Franchise/MetalGear? What, they're discussing the game? [[GuestFighter An invitation?]] [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzQJpP8M7XA YEAH!]]"
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PgxEQuFp2c And a few months later]], after enduring years of waiting and April Fools Jokes about his appearance in Melee, Franchise/SonicTheHedgehog joins the fray complete with [[VideoGame/SonicAdventure2 Crush 40's Live and Learn]] blaring in the background, allowing players to pit Sega's iconic mascot against his long time rival. There's a reason why that screenshot from Brawl is on the main video game page.
* A more subdued moment happened when it was revealed that the character-specific battle introductions from the original Nintendo 64 ''Super Smash Bros.'' came back for ''Brawl''.
* ''Brawl's'' Stage Builder.
* Shortly before the game's release, the full soundtrack was leaked. The internet practically squealed like 5 year old girls upon learning about (and hearing) the remixes of King Dedede's theme, King K. Rool's theme, Pokemon Red's Route 1 song, and the final boss theme from Golden Sun, among other songs that can be seen in the Awesome Music page.