Life Affirming Pop Ballad YKTTW Discussion
|Life Affirming Pop Ballad|
Any ballad style pop song where the lyrics are meant to be uplifting and heartwarming, although some consider them schmaltzy. Now despite the association of the term "ballad" with being a slow song, as the link above shows, that is not the actual definition of a ballad. Several types of songs can do. This was especially popular in The Eighties, and The Nineties to a lesser extent, as a Thematic Theme Tune, especially for sitcoms.
Examples (Rolling Updates):
- Name comes from a "Strong Bad email" episode "Theme Song" on Homestar Runner.
- "As Long as We've Got Each Other" from Growing Pains
- "Without Us" from Family Ties
- "Brand New Life" from Who's the Boss?
- "Nothing's Gonna Stop Me Now" from Perfect Strangers
- "Everywhere You Look" from Full House
- "As Days Go By" from Family Matters
- "Different Worlds" from Angie
- "I'll Be There For You" from Friends