Villainous Advice Song YKTTW Discussion
|Villainous Advice Song|
A character is given bad advice through a song By a villain or antagonistic- like characterDescription Needs Help
Needs a Better Title ?
"He lied to us through song! I hate it when people do that."A Character or most likely a Bad Samaritan tricks other Characters into helping them out through song a subtrope of a Villain Song giving "advice " to The Hero only meant to benefit the villain or to tell how unstoppable The Villain has become . Compare and Contrast Pep Talk Song were characters are sung to and given encouragement yet were the means of a Pep Talk Song is to benifit the listener and Villianous Advice Song is to benifit the singer.
--Homer Simpson, The Simpsons
- In Cats Don't Dance Darla gives advice to Danny In "Big and Loud" on how he should go about performing his song for the studio exec.
- Disney's Peter Pan. Captain Hook and his pirate crew try to convince the Lost Boys, Wendy, John and Michael to join up with them in the song "The Elegant Captain Hook". The boys all fall for this, but luckily Wendy brings them back
- Tangled has Mother Gothel advising Rapunzel from leaving the tower because of all the dangers in the outside world in "Mother Knows Best".
- The Emperors New Groove 2 "Like a Million" sung by Yzma.
- In Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Frollo sings "Stay in Here" to Quasimodo. After Frollo leaves, Quasimodo's "I Want" Song, "Out There" closely follows.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas has Oogie Boogie "advising" Santa Claus to be afraid in "Oogie Boogie's Song".
- In The Little Mermaid the second part of "Poor Unfortunate Souls" is this
- Likewise on the TV series Ursula's song "You wouldn't want to Mess with me"
- In The Princess and the Frog, Naveen is tricked by Dr. Facilier during "Friends on the other side"
- In Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Adam is treated as a misguided hero, rather than a villain. However, "The Sobbin' Women" holds a special place in the annals of bad musical advice.
- "Guilty Conscience" by Eminem ft. Dr. Dre, uses this with the angel and demon on the shoulder.
- "Advice Dog Song." 
- "The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy" The Musical Episode has a meteor teaching Billy how he should go about retrieving brains in parts of the song.
- In the Veggietales episode "Rack, Shack and Benny," the villain sings "The Bunny Song" to the protags, about the joys of eating too much candy. The producers got in trouble with parents for making the song too catchy when they couldn't get their kids to stop singing it.