Do We Have This One?
--Find Your Fate #12: James Bond in Strike It Deadly
? I don't think we do. Seen It a Million Times
You're in the kitchen and need to kill someone? Open up the oven and shove them in! (...Clearly this thesis needs a little expansion.)
It doesn't have to be a typical kitchen oven, either; depending on the setting, a less modern (say, cauldron over a fire) or more modern (say, microwave oven) alternative may be equally feasible. Rule of thumb: if it's traditionally used for cooking food, it fits this trope.
Compare Sauna of Death
, Murder by Cremation
. Contrast Locked in a Freezer
- Famous example: Hansel and Gretel dispose of the witch this way. (The details vary depending on the version told.)
- Slightly less famous example: in many versions of The Three Little Pigs, the third pig finally disposes of the wolf by placing a pot of boiling water in the fireplace while the wolf decides to make a chimney entrance. This trope ensues.
- Chicken Run: Ginger and Rocky are almost subjected to this trope during the pie machine sequence. They escape it, though, complete with Indy Hat Roll.
- There's a story about a hippie babysitter who, while stoned, cooks the baby she's supposed to be sitting, thinking it's a turkey.
- Similarly, there are stories about elderly women microwaving pets in an attempt to dry them off. Read about it here.