Since the height of The '80s fad days to recent years, My Little Pony has been etched in popular culture as a saccharine toy line for young girls who love horses. Parodies and homages typically are Show Within a Show's featuring Always Female pastel ponies who can talk. Flank Insignia's are common but not a requirement. With the recent popularity of Friendship Is Magic with older audiences parodies have begun taking after it and are often more positive than previous depictions. Subtrope of Bland-Name Product
Live Action TV
- One of the Once an Episode Parody Commercial on The Aquabats! Super Show! featured a toy like this called the Scruffy Scruff, except the toy was exceptionally ugly. The kids in the commercial played with and adored it as if it were just as pretty as its real-world counterpart.
- One sketch in a fifth season Horrible Histories episode included the Victorian My Little Pit Pony. This doll described what life was like for horses that worked in coal mines, including breathing coal dust and getting stuck in tunnels. They only came in one color: black.
- Nella's Epic Poney Soap Opera from The Nostalgia Chick. It contains a Bastard Boyfriend Anti-Villain Domestic Abuser, an inevitable saintly wife who is The High Queen and a Love Martyr to boot, a naive innocent woobish son with a few schoolfriends with disabilities and a schoolteacher who is also "sometimes a whore, but one with a heart of gold".
- An episode of Recess has the tomboyish Spinelli being forced to watch "My Furry Unicorns".
- In Teen Titans Go! Raven and Robin has been shown to enjoy "Pretty Pretty Pegasus". These are Actor Alusions; The former is voiced by Tara Strong, who also voices Twilight Sparkle, while the latter is voiced by Scott Menville who voiced Danny.
- Littlest Pet Shop (2012) has a "My Small Squirrel" reference in episode 25. Like the Teen Titans Go example above this one is also an Actor Allusion; Blythe Baxter's VA is Ashleigh Ball who voices both Applejack and Rainbow Dash.
- DW from Arthur has been shown to enjoy "My Fluffy Unicorn". She owns a doll she calls Uni. Despite the name the only characters shown are winged unicorns, not standard ones.
- Martha Speaks has an Imagine Spot which stars "My Fluffy Puppy". It's used to give an aesop against Merchandise-Driven products.
- An episode of Time Squad has a cute looking pony with hearts for a Cutie Mark attacking Buck.
- Pony Puff Princess is a reoccurring thing in Dexter's Laboratory. It also appears in The Powerpuff Girls.
- MAD has several:
- My Little War Horse: Pinkie Pie in a crossover with War Horse.
- Thunder-LOL-Cats: Lion-O verses memes, Ponies included.
- Cowboys and Alien Force: an Applejack ersatz in a Mind Screwy crossover that also involves Ben 10: Alien Force, Stretchy bands and multiple title cards.
- Rainbow Dash and Bernstein: Rainbow Dash replaces the titular puppet of Crash And Bernstein.
- My Little Pwny: The most direct parody. A Parody Commercial of ponies causing nothing but trouble (especially of the "painful to humans" variety).
- The Adjustment Burro: Twilight Sparkle starts dating Eeyore, in a mashup of Winnie-the-Pooh and The Adjustment Bureau.
- Robot Chicken had a sketch advertising My Little Pony: Apocalypse Ponies, a toyline modeled after the Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
- The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy has "My Troubled Pony", combining colorful ponies with an over-the-top Soap Opera. It is Grim's favorite show (second to Dora the Explorer) but unfortunately for him, it was Cut Short.
- The Show Within a Show "Lunacorns" in The Penguins of Madagascar is Private's favourite tv programme.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.