DiscardedYKTTW Whimsical Winsome Walrus YKTTW Discussion
|Whimsical Winsome Walrus|
Tropeworthy? Motion To Discard
Walruses, they are one of the most majestic sea animals in the animal kingdom. The reason for this is because walruses' vibrissae look a lot like big bushy mustaches you'd expect to see on experienced, middle-aged men. In nearly every form of media, walruses are sometimes depicted as a distinguished but somewhat foolish gentleman, mainly because of their silly yet physically formidable appearance. Sometimes, in media, you can even expect to see them partnered up with penguins. Not to be confused with: The Walrus Was Paul
- The Little Mermaid II: Return To The Sea featured a walrus named Dash, who wanted very much to be a hero, along with his pal, Tip the penguin.
- In Disney's Alice in Wonderland, not only does the Walrus help trick the oysters into getting eaten, he also tricks the Carpenter out of his "fair share" of them.
- "The Walrus And The Carpenter" by Lewis Carroll.
- Dungeons & Dragons module EX 1 The Land Beyond The Magic Mirror, which was based on Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland stories. The PCs can meet the Walrus (of the Walrus and the Carpenter fame). He's sneaky, pretending to be a helpful good guy while actually planning to trick the PCs and steal from them.
- Befitting his sea captain outfit, Wilfred Walrus from the Fabuland toyline is in the supplemental material depicted as an experienced sailor.
- In Spyro: A Hero's Tail there's a friendly NPC Walrus. He's depicted as the "old soldier" type.
- Rotor Walrus from Sonic the Hedgehog is of the heroic variant, as he serves as the Gadgeteer Genius of the Freedom Fighters.
- The Woody Woodpecker cartoons featured Wally Walrus, who is one of Woody's mortal enemies.
- Chumley from Tennessee Tuxedo And His Tales serves as the The Ditz sidekick to the titular penguin.
- One of Darkwing Duck's enemies, Tuskernini, is a malevolent walrus who has a large group of penguins serve as his minions.