FoodEatsYou Food Eats You YKTTW Discussion
|Food Eats You|
Sentient food products try to kill people.Description Needs Help Up For Grabs Up For Grabs
AKA Ferocious Food, The Food Must Feed Food becomes sentient and begins fighting and killing. One can often expect it to be many times its normal size and armed with fangs and claws. This may be the result of It Came from the Fridge, Lethal Chef or Raising the Steaks, and in some cases may overlap with Anthropomorphic Food. Not to be confused with food from Soviet Russia. Subtrope of Attack of the Killer Whatever. Compare Edible Ammunition and Edible Bludgeon (where otherwise normal weapons are made out of food products).
- This Tums Smoothies commercial, as part of a series of similar advertisements.
- Two of the taglines for Wendy's Baconator burger were "It can smell fear." and "Eat it. Before it eats you."
Anime and Manga
- Attack of the Killer Tomatoes! is this trope: the movie.
- The giant chickens towards the end of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. One of them even eats Brent. Fortunately, Brent survives and overtakes its body.
- Young Sherlock Holmes. Watson has a drug-caused hallucination of being attacked by bakery products.
- In Big Tits Zombie, one of the first signs that the Zombie Apocalypse is happening is when the main characters are attacked by zombie sushi.
- Night Of The Living Bread is a parody of Night of the Living Dead where a bakery explosion causes all manner of bread products to animate and smother people to death.
Live Action TV
- On the Colbert Report, the graphic for the segment "Thought for Food" shows a brain (with eyes) thinking about a burger (with eyes). The burger then jumps from the thought cloud and swallows the brain whole.
- Calvin and Hobbes had this at least once—or at least, Calvin getting into a fight with his food.
- Dungeons & Dragons adventure Castle Greyhawk, Level 3 "Too Many Cooks". Magic cooking instruments are used to create food monsters that attack and try to kill the PC party.
- The Hungry Burger card in Yu-Gi-Oh! sometimes gets described as this in any video games where it receives a description at all.
- Adventure Time has killer hotdogs and killer hamburgers in one dungeon. (Any evil Candy People don't count.)
- Steven Universe, the second half of the second episode involves Steven's Together Breakfast being possessed by a malicious entity and attacking the Crystal Gems. Later, they decided not to eat waffles for a while and ordered a pizza.
- In Regular Show, a group of sentient hot dogs try to eat the gang as revenge for their fallen brethren.
- Aqua Teen Hunger Force: when DNA from a giant moth monster is accidentally mixed with a tray of brownies in Frylock's cloner, the team is attacked by a swarm of brownie monsters.
- Hambuster is a CGI short film depicting a carnivorous hamburger apocalypse. It just gets worse from there.
- The Simpsons has a few examples: