Two characters are sharing a romantic moment, and one of them suggests bringing the other somewhere else. Said "somewhere else" is often something very pretty
and/or holds a lot of significance for the bringer (for example, their secret, most favorite place in the city, etc.). The fact that they even bring their partner there means a lot.
Bringing them there will often culminate in plenty of romantic moments, Crowning Moment of Heartwarmings
, and a Relationship Upgrade
(if they aren't in a relationship already). Expect a return to Make-Out Point
as adults if there is a Book End
Subtrope of Grand Romantic Gesture
Anime and Manga
Live Action TV
- In First Love Sisters, one of the earliest signs of their growing romance is when Haruna shows Chiko her secret garden - a very pretty clearing in the school gardens where Haruna has liked to go to for lunch for years.
- In Full Metal Panic!, Sosuke takes Chidori to his secret fishing spot.
- The Drew Carey Show: For their first date, Drew takes Kate to the planetarium where they first met when they were in grade school.
- In the British TV series The Darling Buds of May, Mariette brings her love interest Charlie to a spot in the woods where bluebells grow and nightingales sing both night and day. This is her attempt to upgrade the relationship. Later in the series her sister Primrose brings her own love interest to the same spot for the same reason.
- In Avatar: The Last Airbender: The girl who has a crush on Zuko takes him to her favorite spot in the city. A bunch of lanterns and a reflecting pool. They're not lit though. Zuko surprises her by lighting them with firebending.