Two characters are sharing a romantic moment, and one of them suggests bringing the other somewhere else. Said "somewhere else" is often something very pretty
and/or holds a lot of significance for the bringer (for example, their secret, most favorite place in the city, etc.). The fact that they even bring their partner there means a lot.
Bringing them there will often culminate in plenty of romantic moments, Crowning Moment of Heartwarmings
, and a Relationship Upgrade
(if they aren't in a relationship already). Expect a return to Make Out Point
as adults if there is a Book End
Subtrope of Grand Romantic Gesture
Anime and Manga
- In First Love Sisters, one of the earliest signs of their growing romance is when Haruna shows Chiko her secret garden - a very pretty clearing in the school gardens where Haruna has liked to go to for lunch for years.
- In Full Metal Panic, Sosuke takes Chidori to his secret fishing spot.
Live Action TV
- An issue of Superman Confidential had Superman taking Lois for a picnic date on top of the Eiffel Tower.
- Invoked, then subverted on Third Rock From The Sun, August was mad at Tommy and she told him that he could make it up to her by taking her someplace nice. He took her to a funeral ("There's this thing I gotta go to 'cause my dad knew this guy. You have to dress up 'cause it's really, really nice.")
- The Drew Carey Show: For their first date, Drew takes Kate to the planetarium where they first met when they were in grade school.
- In the Justice League Unlimited episode "Question Authority," Superman takes Lois on a picnic date... on top of a suspension bridge.
- Avatar The Last Airbender: Tales of Ba Sing Se: The Tale of Zuko. The girl who has a crush on Zuko takes him to her favorite spot in the city. A bunch of lanterns and a reflecting pool. They're not lit though. Zuko surprises her by lighting them with firebending.