Do We Have This One?
? Needs a Better Description
Parallel Parking is one of the most difficult things to do when you're driving. This is something that will get almost anybody nervous, especially during a Driving Test
, and would try avoiding. That, or somehow a character can pull off something daring and spectacular doing it.
Film - Animation
Film - Live Action
- There's a Mentos commercial where some jerk pulls into an open parking spot right when Our Heroine wants to leave, sandwiching her in. Cue a Mentos, and a Bright Idea: she recruits the help of some beefy construction workers to pick up her car and ease it out.
- One time on The Late Show With David Letterman they had a remote camera watching some 16-year-olds take their driving test. The parallel parking was particularly bad. For that matter, a semi-recurring segment is having interns parallel park outside the Ed Sullivan Theater.
- In Wapsi Square, Tina breaks her wrist while parallel parking. She runs over it.
- In one old Disney cartoon placed in the wild west, Bruno comes to town as a villain and parallel parks a horse, bumping into those in front and behind him.
- Doug's sister Judy once failed to get her driver's license after failing to correctly parallel park.
- In one episode of Futurama, Amy complains that she is useless at parallel parking, and then easily drives in since hovercars can just move sideways. She then suddenly moves forwards and back to hit the two cars anyway.
- The first episode has Leela saying that she can fly the ship, as long as she isn't asked to parallel park.
- Phineas and Ferb: one episode focuses on Candace practicing this.