There is a tendency in fiction that people from a subculture, such as punks, who show up in the story will have some misfortune fall upon them. Expect them to do something as stupid as Bullying The Dragon
or Mugging the Monster
. In works made between and/or set in the 70s
and the 90s
, it's often punks that fall victim to this trope. Today, stoners
are likely to be victimized.
Still Needs a Better Description
- In the first Terminator film, a trio of punks are the first humans the Terminator encounters in 1984, and his first victims as he gets his clothes from one of them, as well as a certain Precision F-Strike.
Punk Leader: (sarcastically) Nice night for a walk, eh?
Terminator: (monotonously) Nice night for a walk.
Punk 2: (sarcastically) Wash day tomorrow? Nothing clean, right?
(snaps his fingers in front of the Terminator's face)
Terminator: Nothing clean, right.
Punk Leader: I think this guy's a couple cans short of a six-pack.
Terminator: Your clothes. Give them to me. Now.
- In Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, Kirk and Spock are riding on a bus to Sausalito as a punk is playing music very loudly on his boombox. After trying and failing to ask the punk to turn down his music, who flips off Kirk and turns up the volume, Spock nerve-pinches the punk into unconsciousness, prompting applause from the other passengers.
- In Airheads, Officer Wilson is searching the LA strip for Chazz's girlfriend Kayla, who has the only other copy of his band's demo tape. As he's searching a club, he finds Kayla, however, he gets confronted by some punks that think he's harassing her. One of whom yanks Wilson's badge off his uniform and bites it, bending it out of shape. As he asks "Now what are you gonna do about that?", laughing, Wilson yanks the ring off his nipple, making him scream in pain, as he simply says "Improvise."
- Dr Who: There were the punks who tried robbing Lady Peinforte and Richard in Silver Nemesis.
- Ghost Rider had the overweight goth chick who was more impressed than freaked out. She had misfortune befall her, but the Ghost Rider saved her from it.
- Superman: The Animated Series has an overweight goth chick who was saved from her misfortune.