Alice and Bob might be discussing the details of their recent vacation, not noticing Charlie's vacant
stare as he wishes for a different topic, any topic. Or they might be enjoying Incredibly Lame Fun
and their friends, unbeknownst to them, are wanting to claw their eyes out instead.
A stock reaction trope, it can be played both for humor
Sometimes used as a Pre Ass Kicking One Liner
Anime and Manga
- In The Big O there is one robot that has a ridiculous, completely overdone intro and transformation process. Roger; for his part, looks incredibly bored during it.
- Black Lagoon has Revy confronted by a Nazi captain who brags for two minutes about how she cannot possibly hope to survive. She first looks shocked, then bored, then pitying as she slowly and calmly reloads and shoots him.
Live Action TV
- The Punisher's reaction to being captured. He can be listening to an ex partner who shot him offering the chance to kill Osama bin Laden and Frank will still have the most bored expression on his face. It takes something as drastic as his daughter being threatened to react.
- Judge Dredd; despite being considered the most kind hearted of the judges, will listen to pleas of innocence and leniency with boredom.
: The Angry Video Game Nerd
's reaction to a part of the game that is incredibly tedious or having to replay a section that took a long time (spending ten minutes continuously shooting enemies as he falls asleep for example).
- His nemesis The Nostalgia Critic also has this reaction to incredibly stupid moments in the films he reviews.
- Ron is trying to attract a girl, so when he is seen with Kim Possible he frets over the idea of them looking like boyfriend and girlfriend. When she is incredulous Ron launches into a long and detailed description of his reasoning. Kim is first amused, then bored, then annoyed at how much Ron is boring her.