Alice and Bob might be discussing the details of their recent vacation, not noticing Charlie's vacant stare as he wishes for a different topic, any topic. Or they might be enjoying Incredibly Lame Fun and their friends, unbeknownst to them, are wanting to claw their eyes out instead. A stock reaction trope, it can be played both for humor and drama. Sometimes used as a Pre Ass Kicking One Liner. Anime and Manga
- In The Big O there is one robot that has a ridiculous, completely overdone intro and transformation process. Roger; for his part, looks incredibly bored during it.
- Black Lagoon has Revy confronted by a Nazi captain who brags for two minutes about how she cannot possibly hope to survive. She first looks shocked, then bored, then pitying as she slowly and calmly reloads and shoots him.
- The Punisher's reaction to being captured. He can be listening to an ex partner who shot him offering the chance to kill Osama bin Laden and Frank will still have the most bored expression on his face. It takes something as drastic as his daughter being threatened to react.
- Judge Dredd; despite being considered the most kind hearted of the judges, will listen to pleas of innocence and leniency with boredom.
- Maroni in The Dark Knight Saga is unimpressed with Batman's High-Altitude Interrogation.
At this height the fall won't even kill me.
- In the movie Airplane! Ted Striker drives three people to suicide. They would rather kill themselves than listen to his endless personal stories.
- The trope name comes from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and becomes a Catch-Phrase when Willow turns evil. She says it because her intended victim isn't screaming yet, or she is done torturing Warren.
Angel: So you going to talk about something else at some point?
- Played for Laughs when Cordelia finds Vamp!Willow captured. Instead of freeing her she goes on a long tirade about boyfriend stealing, ending with Willow hanging off the bars wishing someone would shoot her.
- Even Angel gets in on the act. Buffy is complaining about her mother's new boyfriend, and from the pained expression on his face it's evident she had been going for some time.
- One episode of How I Met Your Mother has Lily and Marshall move to the suburbs, when Robin visits them. Being the Action Girl, she finds their new lives incredibly mundane, and worst she starts being treated like their prisoner and forced to partake in the utterly boring lifestyle.
- His nemesis The Nostalgia Critic also has this reaction to incredibly stupid moments in the films he reviews.
- Ron is trying to attract a girl, so when he is seen with Kim Possible he frets over the idea of them looking like boyfriend and girlfriend. When she is incredulous Ron launches into a long and detailed description of his reasoning. Kim is first amused, then bored, then annoyed at how much Ron is boring her.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.