(Seen It a Million Times
, Rolling Updates
A smile done by an Idiot Hero
or any goofy character. Also done by someone in a silly situation or when doing something really stupid. Might also be used when a villain or an anti-hero is scolding the smiler for believing in love/friendship/dreams/themselves.
Usually from ear to ear, eyes closed in anime and manga. Might look really goofy. A staple of anime and manga in general. Used to shown a character is innocent, brave, The Determinator
when it comes to beliefs, too stupid to know they're in a dangerous situation, having fun in an odd situation, etc.
Anime and Manga
- Alfred E. Newman, the cover boy from Mad Magazine, always has one of these
- Flik pulls a great one in A Bugs Life, when he tips the entire harvest down a crack and is summoned before the ant council.
- Spongebob Squarepants frequently displays one, as does Patrick. They're quite idiotic.
- The latter half of Ren And Stimpy bears one near perpetually and is really stupid.
- South Park gives one to Butters in an oddly minimal fashion, it is basically a normal mouth "piece" placed slightly higher up the face, however it is used almost always when Butters is doing something particularly dim and is strangely effective.