Adults are Technologically Challenged
Adults are either incapable of using technology or just plain bad at it.
- In the world of computers, children are the adults.
ExamplesAnime and Manga
- The Breaker: New Waves. Upon being told that he can us an app to find Shioon and Jini, he responds by asking a Mook what an app is.
- One of the earliest examples of this trope came in an episode of Full House, when Jesse needed a lot of help working his new laptop. This example is interesting in that Jesse may have been a father a father, but he wasn't very old.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer did this with Giles and computers. The teenage characters lampshaded it a few times.
- Angel was notorious for never learning to use his cell phone.
- In an episode of The Simpsons Marge is trying to find something online and has a lot of trouble, including accidentally buying a washing machine (she wasn't looking for a washing machine). She gets frustrated with the kids' 'advice' and says "if it's so easy why don't you do it?!" Bart presses two keys and gets exactly what she's looking for.
- Phineas and Ferb has Major Monogram, who does not grasp texting. He thinks TTYL is the sinister initials of someone communicating with Doofenshmirtz. Carl has to clarify.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.