Who is more foolish? The Fool, or the fool who follows him?
When a character is inexplicably put in charge of sensitive tasks contintually by people who know full well they're The Klutz
or Too Dumb to Live
. Of course, this begs the question, "Who is the real idiot here?"
No Real Life Examples, Please!
, for obvious reasons.
- One Bash Street Kids story had someone walk into class and trip over 'Erbert (who's joke is having terrible eyesight). They ask who assigned him as lookout, creating a second example when it turns out to be Smithy.
- Beavis and Butt-Head: The duo's Hippie Teacher Mr. Van Driesen is way too trusting.
- 6teen: Jude is often entrusted with important tasks by the rest of the gang. Just one example is when Jonesy asked him to refridgerate some meat for him and just as Jude was about to plug-in the refridgerator he got sidetracked by his girlfriend Starr showing up.
- In Sonic Sat AM, Antoine is sent into missions more than any Freedom Fighter outside Sonic and Sally, despite the fact he is a brainless Dirty Coward that often only screws up plans.
- How many times has Homer Simpson been put in charge of something, despite his track record?
- Another Simpsons example: Homer makes a dummy with a bucket for a head, brooms for arms and a tape recorder playing his own voice to distract Mr. Burns from the fact that he's skiving off work. It gets promoted.