When a character drinks through a straw, and for some reason there is only ever a centimeter of liquid left in the cup, leading to that exaggerated sucking sound. Despite the fact that this sound will occur about once during the process of drinking, it is often repeated and prominent, perhaps with the intent to communicate that the character is indeed, drinking through a straw, as if the accompanying visual of a character drinking through a straw was not sufficient evidence. Advertising
- One televised ad for Pepsi Cola shows a grade school boy at the beach, drinking his cola through a straw. So determined is he to get every last molecule of the beverage that he suctions himself into the bottle. His sister takes her bottled brother off-screen, declaring, "Mommy, he did it again."
- Another Pepsi ad starts with a little boy watching a Star Wars movie at the cinema. He keeps sucking at the final drops in his large drink cup so loudly that it annoys Darth Vader into Breaking the Fourth Wall, crushing the cup with the Force, and getting into an oversized Laser Blade fight with an usher who objects to all this.
- Friendship is Witchcraft - Twilight does this (offscreen) while Rarity is talking in episode 8, "Foaly Matripony".
- Officer Clawhauser from Disney's Zootopia makes a sustained noise while drinking the last drops of his bottled beverage. Rather than bothering rookie officer Judy Hopps, she's inspired to use the bottle's convex base to magnify significant details in the last sighting photo of Emmett Otterton.
- Hercules: Hades is about to blast Pain for wearing Hercules brand sandals when he's distracted by Panic sipping loudly from a Hercules brand soda cup.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.