[Image Caption] Taking this trope to its literal extreme.
Do We Have This One?
? Needs a Better Description
Gain the power of Flight
... through your hair! No doubt Everything's Better with Spinning
See Heli Critter
for animal examples.
Anime and Manga
Film - Live Action
- Gertie Giggles' pigtails can spin in circles, giving her this ability. Justified because she's a pre-teen superspy and probably has some high-tech machinery embedded in her pigtails that makes them spin.
- Shel Silverstein wrote a poem about a boy with ridiculously long hair who was mercilessly teased about it until his weeping caused it to flap like wings, carrying him into the air.
- Rayman: One of the titular hero's trademark abilities is to spin his hair like helicopter blades, giving him limited gliding ability (and in some games, genuine flight).
- Ed, Edd n Eddy: Ed manages to make Eddy's hair spin fast enough for him to fly when they try to catch a balloon.
- The Fairly OddParents: as the result of a wish gone wrong, Timmy ended up with a hair tornado.