Waxing Name is now in control of this YKTTWAs the power flows through you and your hair glows and you got an incredible Battle Aura going, how are you gonna react physically? Usually doing this classic pose, body arched back, arms at sides at an angle facing outwards, legs at full extension about 20 degrees from each other. If the power up is making you float may as well point those toes. Hands in fists or curled optional, as is screaming at the top of the lungs. Highly recommended to add that extra layer of badass to anytime one gains more power than they once had.
ExamplesAnime and Manga
- Dragon Ball. From the Kaio-Ken to the Super Saiyan, this is done all the time.
- Superman usually adopts a pose like this when he flies into the atmosphere to supercharge on solar energy. Probably helps the surface area for better absorbtion.
- Doctor Who: This is how the Doctor regenerates from 9 to 10, and also how the Master regenerates from Derek Jacobi to Joh Simm, and Melody Pond regenerates into Alex Kingston.
- Some demons on Supernatural do this when the black smoke which is their essence leaves the meat suit they're currently wearing.
- The cover of the Ed Greenwood's Forgotten Realms novel Crown of Fire shows the main character Shandril Shessair using the title ability. See it here◊.
- When anyone goes into their Super Form in Sonic the Hedgehog they usually adopt this pose.
- In Infamous Cole does this really awkward pose when he gets powered up by the amp.
- Dante in Devil May Cry entering his Super Mode tends to strike a pose like this.
- God of War: Kratos adopts this pose when he uses his Poseidon's Rage spell.
- If Zero becomes "Awakened" in Mega Man X5, he adopts this pose along with a red glowing aura.
- This pose is also adopted by some of the mane six when they use the power of the Elements of Harmony in My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.
- In Birdman cartoons the title character adopts this pose when he recharges his solar energy by bathing in sunlight.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.