Do We Have This One?
? Needs a Better Title
Seen It a Million Times
, some people appreciate being kissed, then there's the one who is Allergic to Love
. If this person is kissed by a certain person that he does not like, he will immediately start spitting in disgust, in response to the kiss. Also, sometimes, instead of just spitting, the person that got kissed will immediately rush off to wash off his mouth. It also doesn't necessarily have to be limited to romance, as an Accidental Kiss
can occur, in which both characters will immediately react in disgust to the kiss. The title is a portmanteau of the words "kiss" and "disgusting".
Contrast: Post-Kiss Catatonia
Needs a Better Description
, Needs More Examples
Anime and Manga
- Lucy does this whenever Snoopy kisses her in Peanuts.
- Happened a few times in Garfield:
- In the Russian novel Dead Souls, protagonist chichikov is "kissed" (well, licked) on the mouth by a dog. Understandably, he spits out after this.
- Done in the Deep Space Nine episode "The House Of Qwark". Due to the peculiarities in Klingon law, a wife of a lord had to marry Qwark, as he was the lord's presumed killer (it was really an accident during a drunken bar brawl). The ceremony ended with a kiss, which she spit out. After he helped get her house back properly, she gave him a proper kiss.
- Dick, from Veronica Mars gets seduced by a call girl hired by his little brother. Cassidy's revenge kicks in when we see Dick bursting out of his car, screaming and spitting "What the hell is that?!", to which the deep voice call girl says "What do you call yours?" much to Dick's chagrin.
- This was used in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, between Buffy and Spike.
- When Chuck kisses Casey in an ill-found attempt to save his life, both react with disgust. Casey spits while Chuck makes a face.
- On an episode of Batman: The Animated Series, Batman acted this way when Poison Ivy kissed him. Justified in that she's known to use poisoned lipstick.
- Bart does this at the end of the The Simpsons episode "Bart Gets An F". He impulsively kisses the teacher, and regrets doing so afterwards.
- Another example would be in "Flaming Moe's", when one of Lisa's friends pounches Bart to kiss him on the mouth on a dare, and he spits twice in response to this.
- Also seen in Billy the Cat, when a human girl is turned into a cat, and Billy has to choose whether she can be turned back into a human or he can; Billy decides to let her have the human-transformation instead, and in gratitute, the girl kisses him on the mouth while she's in human form, and he's in cat form; instead of enjoying it, he just wipes his mouth with his paw and mutters "ugh, girls."
- A borderline-example (as his discomfort is somewhat mild) would be from when Billy frees several female cats from captivity in a boat, and afterwards they are all shown kissing him.
- A note to add is that this shows that his discomfort at being kissed by human girls can't be attributed to being a cat; or at least not exclusively; as he doesn't exactly enjoy the affection from girls his own new species either.
- In an episode of The Mask when Dr. Pretorius takes control of the Masks's body, he forces him to kiss Mrs. Peenman (For the Evulz). Following this, both of them scream and The Mask runs away, gargles an entire tube of mouthwash and chews and spits out an entire package of gum.
- Superman: The Animated Series has it as well. Pretty but wicked Mala kisses a handsome soldier, who wipes his lips on the back of his hands when she isn't looking, thoroughly revulsed.
- In the first episode of The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, Coconuts kisses a picture of Dr. Robotnik, and the expression on the picture turns into one of disgust.
- In The Powerpuff Girls, towards the end of the first episode featuring the Rowdyruff Boys, the girls destroy them by kissing them. Buttercup is shown to be very reluctant with this. At the episode's conclusion, Buttercup was puking her guts out, while Blossom and Bubbles didn't find the experience bad.