A very simple trope. One of the top officers of the Mega Corp.
happens to be far younger than should be permissible. Examples should be earlier than twelfth grade. Just young enough that it seems implausible.
Subtrope of: Improbable Age
Related to: A Child Shall Lead Them
, where the kid is the ruler of a country. (The two may overlap if the company is an N.G.O. Superpower
Anime and Manga
- The little girl, Susie, in this Verizon commercial. She uses her father's cell phone to turn her lemonade stand into a thriving corporate business.
- The baby from the E*Trade commercials who acts as a hyper-competent stock guru.
- This seems pretty popular in advertising. In the UK, a series of TV ads for Velvet toilet paper have featured a computer-animated baby as managing director of a company producing that product, lecturing the adult staff on its qualities. The effect is a bit weird.
- Seto Kaiba in Yu-Gi-Oh!. He won Kaiba Corp from his step-dad when he was a child, and turned it from a weapons-manufacturer to the major provider of the game's central Children's Card Game.
- Ciel Phantomhive from Kuroshitsuji is the head of a massive toy and candy company.
- In Megaman NT Warrior, 12-year-old Enzan Ijuuin is the president of the IPC hardware company.
- Richie Rich, possibly. In the film version, at least, he has substantial power within his parents' company.
- Ender, from Orson Scott Card's EndersGame, is a very young fleet commander.