Many animals have a reputation for being incredibly slow in terms of land based or water based locomotion. But what if they were able to move much faster? Either through some mechanical means, or they just can, this animal is far faster then normal.
Folklore and Mythology
- The turtle character in The Swan Princess is named "Speed". And he is quick, but only when swimming in water.
- The title character of Turbo is a snail who becomes really fast after an accident with a race car.
- Many times, "Tortoise and Hare" folktale is parodied in many shows by making the Tortoise being really fast.
- To some extent the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Despite being anthropomorphic turtles, their characterization has much more emphasis on the Teenage and Ninja aspects. They're so good at Stealth Hi/Bye they could give Batman a run for his money.
- Lampshaded in the first movie when Michelangelo gets frustrated watching a tortoise and the hare cartoon on TV: "Ninja kick the d*mn rabbit!"
- Lampshaded again in the 2003 series when Raph and Don complain that there are no professional sports teams named after turtles because people think they are 'velocity challenged'.
- A few Pokémon are incredibly fast despite being based on slow animals. Starmie, which is a starfish, can fly around like shuriken. Accelgor, the third fastest Pokemon in the series, is based on a slug.