ExamplesComic Strip Comic Book
- In The Flash Vol. 1 #161, the story "The Case Of The Curious Costume" begins with Barry heading for his wedding with Iris West, with Iris taking measures to ensure that he arrives on time. However, Barry witnesses the bizarre sight of a turtle outracing the speeding cars. He investigates, and discovers that the turtle comes from a dimension where everyone and everything is super fast. Unfortunately, the dimension is also an example of Year Inside, Hour Outside, and the time spent there meant Barry ends up being late for his wedding.
- The turtle character in The Swan Princess is named "Speed". And he is quick, but only when swimming in water.
- The title character of Turbo is a snail who becomes really fast after an accident with a race car.
- The Neverending Story had a huge Racing Snail that could travel at high speeds.
- Many times, "Tortoise and Hare" folktale is parodied in many shows by making the Tortoise being really fast.
- Rhyme Stew by Roald Dahl has a retelling of The Tortoise and The Hare, in which the tortoise plans to beat the hare in the race by having a car engine hidden inside his shell.
- To some extent the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Despite being anthropomorphic turtles, their characterization has much more emphasis on the Teenage and Ninja aspects. They're so good at Stealth Hi/Bye they could give Batman a run for his money.
- Lampshaded in the first movie when Michelangelo gets frustrated watching a tortoise and the hare cartoon on TV: "Ninja kick the d*mn rabbit!"
- Lampshaded again in the 2003 series when Raph and Don complain that there are no professional sports teams named after turtles because people think they are 'velocity challenged'.
- A few Pokémon are incredibly fast despite being based on slow animals. Starmie, which is a starfish, can fly around like shuriken. Accelgor, the third fastest Pokemon in the series, is based on a slug. The Horsea family is depicted as being very fast, even though seahorses are among the slowest of all fish.
- In real life, hedgehogs are not known for being particularly fast. Sonic the Hedgehog practically made speed his one defining trait.
- Tank the Tortoise from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic is normally as slow as most tortoises. However, in order to keep up with his owner, Rainbow Dash, he was given a magic-powered helicopter-like device, so he can fly around.
- In Total Drama Island, Gwen must capture a duck. When she approaches it, it zooms away at top speed like the Roadrunner. Gwen notes, "Last time I checked, ducks waddled.
- In Jackie Chan Adventures, the Rabbit Talisman, which grants super speed, was originally found embedded in the shell of a tortoise.
- The title character of The Kwicky Koala Show is a koala, and normally moves rather slowly. Kwicky Koala, however, can move at eye-blink speed when attacked by Wilford Wolf.
- Cecil Turtle from Looney Tunes boasted that his shell was very aerodynamic in races, and in one short he has an engine inside his shell.
- Moving at 35 mph, the fastest moving reptile is the leatherback sea turtle. In the water of course.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.