Took a Level in Sexy
Cranking up the fanservice factor of a particular character for the sequel.
So you're playing the latest video game of your favorite franchise. All the characters are back, some gameplay elements have been improved upon, and the graphics are better. Also, the main heroine has gotten noticeably sexier-looking. Her outfit is more revealing, her face looks more exotic or sultry, and her proportions have gotten more buxom. Apparently since the last game this character took a level in sexy. This trope doesn't just apply to video games, either. It can apply to comic books (when one artist decides to make a character sexier than the previous artist did), movies (when a character's sex appeal has been increased compared to the last film), television shows (when a character's hotness factor has increased over the next season), and other forms of media. Video Games
- Isabela from the Dragon Age video games. In the first game she was a minor character who was rather plain-looking. In the sequel she has gotten more exotic looking, she wears a Stripperiffic outfit that consists of a corset, Thigh-High Boots, and no pants, and her breasts have gotten significantly larger.
- Another Bioware example is Ashley Williams from the Mass Effect series. In the first game many players did not pursue her romance subplot because they considered her plain-looking. In Mass Effect 3 she has a stylish haircut, a more beautiful face, and a sexier outfit. This change in look has caused many male players to remark that if they would have known from the beginning that Ashley would get so hot they would have romanced her in the first game.
- The Tomb Raider games used to be infamous for this. For the first few years of the franchise, Lara Croft's breasts kept getting larger with each installment until eventually they reached the point where you couldn't help but wonder how she was able to avoid tipping over. More recent games in the franchise have toned her down and given her more realistic (although still stacked) proportions.
- This trope applies to every single female character in Mortal Kombat 9.
- Mai Shiranui from the Fatal Fury and King Of Fighters games. As time went on her breasts kept getting bigger and her outfit kept getting skimpier.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.